PART 29

“Jihwan-ah, I don’t think I can proceed with the practice. Can we just continue this tomorrow?” IU asked her maknae manager. Jihwan was left alone to monitor her since her other managers were in the meeting with the bosses. Jihwan looked at her before agreeing. She was obviously distracted today, falling out of steps even though she practically memorized all the steps routine. “Okay. I’ll let everyone know. Do you want to go home?” Jihwan asked with concern.

“Yes please. My head started to ache and I think I need a short nap,” IU rubbed her temple, closing her eyes while doing it.

“Okay, let’s go,” Jihwan said to her after he went to the practice room to relay the message to IU Team.

******

“Who want to see you again?” Yoo Inna asked as IU hopped in the car. She was doing her laundry when the younger girl called her, asking to accompany her to meet someone.

“Minjoo,” she replied shortly, her hands busy buckling the seatbelt.

“And who is this Minjoo? Do we know anyone named Minjoo before?” Inna asked, puzzled at IU’s response. She looked at her IU, demanding for her answer but the girl seemed hesitated to share.

“Unnie, we can talk while you’re driving, can’t we? Palli, get those tires moving or we gonna be late,” IU said, rushing the older girl. Yoo Inna shooked her head. This girl can be unbearable sometimes. Luckily Inna was too used to her drama.

She parked her car not far from the café they promised to meet. The owner was IU’s acquaintance and it was located 2 blocks away from IU’s apartment. They climbed up the stairs that lead them to the second floor. “Is she’s here already?” Inna asked, looking around the emptied 2nd floor.

“Not yet,” IU shortly replied. Luckily, she asked her friend a favor to leave 2nd floor empty so they can have private conversation. She nervously walked her way to her favorite spot whenever she came here, located next to the glass wall with the view of their neighborhood in front of her. The light from houses twinkled as the sky started to darkened. She loved the ambience of this place. Her favorite music was playing, echoed across the space and she sniffed the air for the smell of the coffee and pastries; her favorite scent. These usually calmed her nerve. However, for obvious reason she seemed to have trouble staying calm today.

“So, you’re saying she asked to meet you here? Out of sudden?” Inna asked after they were done placing their order.

“I guess this might be related to the recent scandal?” she added.

“I guess so. But I’m quite shocked when she called me, honestly and the fact that she knew about me and Jungkook as well. There’s a lot of things that left unanswered and I kind of looking forward to meet her,” IU replied, once in a while looking at her phone.

********

“Annyeonghaseyo,” greeted a tall girl to both IU and Yoo Inna.

“Annyeonghaseyo. Minjoo-shi?” IU stood up when she noticed the girl. IU looked at the smiling girl in front of her – except for tattoos on her and piercing on her nose and ears, she looked kinda soft honestly. She expected her to looked intimidating, considering her reputation.

“I’m sorry if I’m disturbing you but because of the recent things that happened, I thought I need to see you in person,” she explained. She took her seat across IU.