-1- how much can i love?

9 years later

i love you so much,

like a distant star,

through the galaxy, past the milky way

no matter how hard I try,

you're still so far away.

I set my pen down on my notebook in frustration, slamming it shut. I'm trying to write lyrics but it sounds more like a poem to me, I can't use these lyrics, they don't sound right.

A loud clank and the sound of the front door opening was heard, I rolled my chair to the house corridor, "Hey, Juleka," I greeted, "How was the first day of school?"

"Fine," she replied flatly.

"Tell me more," I urged, "Did you make any friends?"

"There was a cute girl Rose, she said she wanted to be my friend."

"What did you tell her?"

"I said, 'Whatever.'" she muttered bitterly, "I wasn't thinking properly and now I think she hates me."

She tucked her half dyed hair behind her ears, "I'm a mess," she mumbled sadly, "I can't even make friends."

I pushed my leg against the wall and towards her in my chair, "A bad first impression isn't the end of the world, Jul. Just talk to her tomorrow, ask her if you can still be her friend."

"Okay," she breathed, "I'll talk to her."

"Tomorrow I'll start college," I reminded her, "Remember to clean the house, I won't be back so early anymore."

"I can't keep stuff clean, just clean the house on weekends."

"Just try, Jul. When I move out you'll have your own apartment, learn to tidy up."

She muttered something else under her breath, I decided not to investigate on it.

"Anything else you wanna tell me about school? Other than your friend, Rose." I asked, her therapist told me to talk with her more about her problems and everyday life to try and help her get over her social anxiety, I'm still trying to get her to get use to it.

"She's not my friend yet," she frowned, "There was another new student at school, a boy."

"Really? What's his name?"

"I didn't pay attention, Aaron, I think. No-- It's Adrien, probably. I'm not sure."

I gazed off at the name, "Is the name Adrien famous of something? It sounds familiar."

"I never heard of him," she strolled to her room, "I'm going to do work."

"Homework? On the first day of school?"

"We're supposed to do a introduction speech and I bet I'll flunk it and embarrass myself.. again."

"Do you need help on that?" Another tip that was given by the therapist, to ask her if she need help on anything.

"If you don't mind," she mumbled, "It's okay if you're busy."

"Come, lemme help you plan the speech, I'm totally free."

"..."

"Really, I'm serious."

"You sure?"

"Yeah," I nodded, "You could've asked me for help in the first place if you had trouble."

"...fine," she agreed reluctantly, "you can leave when you get bored."

"I doubt that, c'mon let's start now."

She managed a small smile, "T-thank you," the words seemed foreign to her, "I owe you one."

"No worries," I stood up and made it into her room, "You can come to me anytime."