-19- where is he?

"You're early..." Juleka eyed me suspiciously as I came out of my room, "Way too early."

I smiled, wearing my blue jacket over my white tank, my electronic guitar slinged over my shoulder, "You should've expected it by now, emm...are you ready?"

"Yeah," she took out her cellphone, scrolling on pinterest.

"Wearing that?" I pointed to her clothes, an old brown T-shirt and some purple faded ripped jeans.

She looked down at her shirt, "What about it?"

"Please tell me you're going to change."

"I am not."

"Oh no, you are."

---

"See!" She opened her messy wardrobe, "There's nothing better."

"You're just saying that because you don't want to change," I pushed out all her clothes onto the floor.

"Hey! You can't do that!"

"Yes, I can." I squatted down to inspect the pile of clothes, I picked up a black gothly blouse with lace sleeves, "What's this?"

"Something nana left behind," she muttered.

"Put it on."

"No way, it's too extra."

"I bet you'll look good in it," I shove it lightly towards her, "Give it a try."

She grabbed it from my palm, "Fine..." before heading to her toilet to change.

She came out, clearly embarrassed, she tucked her hair behind her ear awkwardly.

"It's nice," I told her, adjusting her black colar, "You look better."

"Really?"

"Of course,"

"It's not too much?"

"You look good," I waved for her to leave the room, "C'mon, we don't want to be late."

"Y-you sure I look okay?"

"Just one last touch," I walked up to her and took out a pin from her dresser, clipping her bangs up which usually covered over her right eye.

"Nuh uh," she pushed her clip away, "I can't handle that, seriously, no."

"You're really pretty, Jul. You gotta know that."

She sighed, setting the pin down slowly on the dresser table, "Thanks, Luka. But we should really get going now."

"Yeah, you're right," I opened the door, "Let's go."

She took my hand as I led her out of the room, into the car and away.

---

"Restricted area," the guard told me, barely looking up at me, "Tonight 8pm opens."

"I'm in a band, performing."

He gave me a glance, then leaned on my car window, "Name?"

"Luka Couffaine."

"No, band name."

"Kitty Section."

He nodded as he checked his papers in his file.

He opened up the gates, "Turn left, park at the lot,"

"Alright, thanks." I put out hand out of the window and pulled into the lot, parking in with those cool band vans and caravans, I turned off the car engine and stepped out, I checked the time, we were 12 minutes late. Everyone should've reached by now.  

I stared at the huge outdoor stage with a wide field in front of it, it really was a big event, with food stands and merch store. The place was rowdy, band members gathering in the field, getting waters from the staffs, hanging out.

A phone call ringing tone sounded from behind, Juleka picked up her phone talking indistinctly, before hanging up.

"They're at the south ring hall," she said, sliding the phone back into her back pocket.

We found our way around and entered the hall, there weren't exactly band members there but more of singers and violinist practicing. Rose waved a hand for us to come over.

Sitting on the floor was Ivan and Rose, greeting us as we came closer.

"Luka! Juleka! There you are!" Rose shouted, giving us a hug.

"Sup man," Ivan fist-bump me.

"Hey guys," I looked around, "Emm, where's Adrien?"

Rose's smiled faltered, "I don't know," she touched her arm uncomfortably, "he's not coming."