IX. Smokin' Hot Wife

I'm a fortunate man and I fold my hands on my knees every night
I'm thankin' sweet Jesus 'cause when everyone see us they say:
Holy Pete how did he get a smokin' hot wife?

I'm a fortunate man and I fold my hands on my knees every nightI'm thankin' sweet Jesus 'cause when everyone see us they say:Holy Pete how did he get a smokin' hot wife?

I woke up to the smells of Maya's cooking, I really did not like waking up by myself, but at least she was only down the hall in the kitchen

I jumped out of bed needing to see her. I rushed down the hallway into the kitchen to find her at the stove stirring something in a pot, with Leah standing next to her whisking something in a bowl.

I strode straight over to her and pulled her straight into my arms, I nuzzled the top of her head taking in her scent.

Lifting my hand I tilted up her chin and lowered my mouth to hers.

"You two stop it right now. Jacob! Get them to stop." Leah whined as Jacob came into the kitchen and chuckled.

"Come on, you guys stop it. We eat here." Jacob said.

We stopped kissing and I smiled at Leah, who Jacob had in his arms.

"So, I'm having a grandchild?" I asked as Leah buried her head into Jacob's chest.

"Yeah, Twins." Jacob answered, grinning.

"Oh poor, Leah." Maya said.

I looked at the bracelet on Leah's wrist.

"You have her the promise bracelet. Good job, son." I said.

"I mean you gave Maya a ring so I had to let Leah know just how important she is to me." Jacob said.

"Awe, Leah, I'm going to be your mother in law." Maya said.

"And a grandma." Leah added.

"Holy shit! I'm going to be a grandma!" Maya squealed.

"Huh? I thought she would be like Bella, you know she was always afraid of growing old." Jacob said.

"But I'm not going to grow old since I might phase after having the baby and plus I'll be the chief's hot young wife and your kids' young grandma who spoils them rotten." Maya said.

Jacob laughed.

"You put a lot of thought into that." Jacob said.

"All the guys are going to be jealous like 'Holy Pete how did he get a smokin' hot wife?' And Billy knows he's a fortunate man." Maya said.

"I ain't much to look at, so I don't know how I ended up with the milk and the cow." I said, chuckling.

————

Maya could feel the technician rubbing the wand around on her stomach while at the same time as she could see her twisting the knobs on the machine.

The technician moved the wand, and by the way she leaned forward to get a closer look at the monitor, must have locked in on something.

After readjusting the wand and then looking closely again, she sat back quickly, "Oh!" The technician squealed.

And looked at Maya in surprise. Which caused Maya to glance quickly up at Billy.

"Maya, are you sure you're only having one baby?" The technician asked.

"That's what the doctor who confirmed my pregnancy said." Maya answered.

"Holy shit." Billy said as he looked at the screen.

"What?" Maya asked as she sat up. She looked at the screen in shock.

When she saw the screen, she felt her eyes go wide and opened and closed her mouth several times, trying to get the words out.

"Is that another baby in there?" She asked.

"Twins." Billy answered.

"Twins! Curse you, Black!" Maya exclaimed.

"Your babies are identical twins," she told them as she moved the wand around. "And it seems baby number one is hiding baby number two, almost like it's protecting it." She said.

"We already know who's going to be the bossy one." Maya said as Billy chuckled.

————

"Twins!" Charlie exclaimed as he sank down into the chair behind him.

"Identical Twins." Jacob added as Rachel smirked.

"Mhm, the Black gene is really strong." Rachel said.

"Yeah, so be prepared." Maya said.

Paul looked scared.

"Shit, Rachel, you're a twin." Paul said.

"Maybe, I should go and make I'm not hiding another baby in here." Leah said as she touched her stomach.

Jacob looked like he was about to faint.

"Good idea." He said.

"What a bunch of pussies. Billy is handling this way better than all of you." Maya said.

"Are you sure about that?" Charlie asked as they looked over at Billy, who closed his hand in a fist thinking about Maya carrying twins.

"Billy." Maya said.

Billy looked at her and forcibly swallowing the lump in his throat and answered Maya.

"Twins, Maya, we have a lot to do before they come." Billy said.