XVI. Rain On Me

It's coming down on me
Water like misery
It's coming down on me
I'm ready, rain on me
I'd rather be dry, but at least I'm alive

It's coming down on meWater like miseryIt's coming down on meI'm ready, rain on meI'd rather be dry, but at least I'm alive

Maya slowly opened her eyes drowsily

Maya slowly opened her eyes drowsily. Charlie stood over her with a nervous smile.

"Good morning, dad." Maya said.

"Morning, my ass, why is your supposed to be dead mother downstairs cooking breakfast?" Charlie asked.

"She didn't explain it to you?" Maya answered.

"Explain what?" He asked.

Maya groaned and put her arms for her father to help her up.

"Maya, tell me what supernatural creature she is before I have a heart attack." He said as he helped her sit up.

"She's a magical being not a creature. Just a immortal human with cool powers." Maya said.

"Oh so she doesn't drink blood or transfers into a wolf, okay that's good. I can handle that." He said.

Kaya walks into Maya's bedroom.

"And she also has super-hearing." Kaya said.

"Oh, great just what I need another person who can hear everything." Charlie said.

"You're so cute when you get flustered, Charlie." Kaya said.

Charlie blushed.

"Wow, this is too much for me." Maya said as she got off the bed and Charlie grabbed her hand.

"What are you doing? You've been put on bed rest by Carlisle." Charlie said.

Maya rolled her eyes.

"Very funny like I would listen to the man who said I was having one baby just for me to find out I'm having freaking twins." Maya said.

Kaya laughed at Charlie's shocked face.

"Why are you shocked? She inherited your temper." Kaya said.

"That's not true, that's all you." Charlie said.

"Honestly, it's both of you, now let's go feed your grandchildren and I." Maya said, walking out of the bedroom.

"She's definitely more like you." Charlie said.

——

Billy wrapped his arms around her and leaned down.

"You are so beautiful." He whispered in my ear.

I smiled softly and sank into his arms.

"I'm getting fat but thank you." I said.

I moved away from Billy and I put my hand through my hair. I swayed slightly and Billy quickly took my arm to steady me.

"You should be on bed rest like Carlisle recommended, Maya." He said.

"No, my mother said this is just happening because my powers or whatever are manifesting." I said.

"Your mother, where has she been all this time?" He asked.

"Dealing with her family." I answered.

"Right, the Tribunal family." He said.

I looked at him.

"What? Do you not believe her?" I asked.

"Everyone thinks it's just weird she shows up now when we have to deal the Volturi." He answered.

"Everyone? Well, you go back and tell everyone, she's here because of me not the Volturi." I said, walking away from Billy when Jacob jumped out if the bushes.

"Boo!" Jacob yelled.

I screamed and I flung my hands out and instantly Jacob froze.

"What did you just do?" Embry asked.

"Maya, what was that?" Billy asked.

"The reason why my mother is here." I answered as I moved my hands again and instantly Jacob unfroze.

"What did you do to me?" Jacob asked.

I ignored him and continued walking.

"Maya!" Billy exclaimed.

"I'm going home." I said.

A|N: 😩Sorry to everyone who wants a constant update on this book and the other books but writer's block is kicking my ass so I'll do my best to do short updates but I may go on hiatus. I don't know yet. Do you guys have any ideas for a new story you would like me to write? What would you guys like to see happen? What else should Maya inherit from the Tribunal bloodline? What do you guys think about Maya's mom, Kaya?