XIII. From A Distance

From a distance you look like my friend
Even though we are at war
From a distance I just cannot comprehend
What all this fightings for
From a distance there is harmony

From a distance you look like my friendEven though we are at warFrom a distance I just cannot comprehendWhat all this fightings forFrom a distance there is harmony

I got up from the couch when I hear a car pulling so I walk over to the window and pull open the curtain

I look to see Bella parking her car and Edward gets out with Reneesme. I pursed my lips as another car pulls up.

"What the hell do they want?" I asked myself.

I sighed as I let the curtain fall back into place. I walked over to the front door and opened it.

"Dad is not here." I said.

"I know, we're here to see you. You have a bump now." Bella said as she tried to touch my stomach.

I grabbed her hand to stop her.

"Your hand is cold." I said.

She pulled her hand away.

"Right and your hand is burning hot." She said.

"Hello, auntie Maya." Reneesme said.

I forced a smile.

"Hello, Nessie." I said.

Esme and Rosalie walked up to the door behind Edward and Reneesme.

"Hello, Maya, we haven't seen you in awhile. I hope everything is fine." Esme said.

"Yes." I said as I walked in and let them in.

They walked in and we all went to the living room.

"Not to be rude but is there a reason why you guys came here?" I asked.

"Something happened. Billy didn't want us to tell you but I felt as your sister you have the right to know." Bella answered.

"What happened?" I asked.

"A few weeks ago, Irina saw Bella, Jacob, and Renesmee hunting when she traveled to Forks. She rushed to the Volturi as she mistook Renesmee for an immortal child. Soon after her report, Alice foresaw that the Volturi were planning a trip to Forks to punish us on this accusation." Edward answered.

"Oh wow. So that's why there's been more vampires in the area." I said.

"Yeah, we've been gathering witnesses." Bella said.

"Why are you telling me this now?" I asked.

"I'll talk to you about that later. But I just wanted you to be informed on why Billy hasn't been around lately since he took over as alpha of both packs." Bella answered.

I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, well I'm going to take a nap so you guys can let yourselves out." I said, heading for the stairs.

"But we came to spend time with you?" Reneesme asked.

"You probably should have called first. Ever since your visitors showed up. I've been showing more signs of phasing and it's taking a lot out of me. I kind of hate you all at the moment so please leave." I replied, going up the stairs.

"Should we get Carlisle to check on her?" Esme asked.

"I should have asked her how this would affect her pregnancy." Bella answered.

"It's not your fault, Bella." Edward said.

"Does this mean Maya is having a high risk pregnancy? Should she be on her? I mean having Charlie around isn't much help." Rosalie said.

"We need to talk to Leah then we'll get Carlisle to check on Maya." Edward said.

"Why, are you people still here? Your smell is killing me!" I shouted from my room.

"Let's go." Esme said.