5 - Advice

"It's just upsetting." Yukime frowned.

"You need omega pheromones." Momo chuckled. "That's why it's hard for you two to even be in the same room. The dominance energy is through the roof." She smirked.

"Seriously? How do we get that?" She looked to her aunt who pulled out her phone. "Auntie."

"I'm looking. I've never needed them, but a know some people who do." She chuckled. "Why didn't you ask your mom this question?" She asked.

"It's a little embarrassing..." She mumbled while rubbing the back of her neck. Momo glanced up and saw the scratches and bite marks all over her niece's body.

"Geez..." She frowned. "So glad I'm with an omega." She shook her head, glancing up to see the still healing wounds. "Doesn't that hurt?" She asked.

"Oh yeah." Yukime chuckled. Momo shook her head, unsure of how she was living her life like that. But she was alive so she didn't intervene too much.

Shizuha has gotten home late, wandering into the living room seeing everything was dark. She let out a small sigh, knowing Soyeon had already gone to bed. She walked into the bedroom seeing her sitting up with tears running down her face.

"Soyeon.. Whats wrong??" Shizuha immediately went to her mate, comforting her. Soyeon shook her head, not wanting to say anything. She just turned away, crying softly into her knees. "Please tell me..." she frowned.

"I.. I went to the doctor today." She sniffed.

"Another check up?" Shizuha frowned. Soyeon nodded.

"I-I can't have kids.." She sobbed. Shizuha frowned, knowing it was the one thing that they both had wanted the most in life. She wrapped her arms around her mate, holding her close. Comforting her as much as she could.

"It's going to be okay..." Shizuha whispered.

"I'm a failure." She cried.

"No you're not. Just because you can't have kids doesn't mean you're a failure." She pressed her lips against her temple, wanting to just comfort her. "We can adopt." She smiled.

"But they won't be our pups.." She whispered.

"They will be." Shizuha sighed. "Mama was adopted, so it's not that bad." Soyeon looked up at her, nodding in agreement. Mina had turned out just fine and seemed put together... "Would you feel better if you talked to her?" Shizuha asked.

"Yeah.." She muttered.

"Okay. Good because I still need to talk to her about what the oracle said."

The next morning, the young couple had made arrangements for them to help out in the bakery. Soyeon was busy chatting with Mina about her issues and adopting and Mina was over the moon about them wanting to start a family.

"Adopting isn't bad at all." Mina smiled. "I turned out just fine." She chuckled.

"I'm just scared that the pup won't like us..." Soyeon frowned.

"They will. You two are the most loving and caring people in the world right now." She smiled. Shizuha met her mother's eyes, a look of fear glossed over them. She turned her head, seeing a high alpha walking in. A foul stench filled the room, Soyeon and Mina practically choking on it.

"Get out." Shizuha commanded. The alpha snarled at her, eyes red, foam falling from his mouth. Shizuha immediately tackled him to the ground before he could do anything else. Mina ran for help, calling for the guards in the street.

After a few minutes of struggling, the alpha was detained, and taken away. After Shizuha cleaned herself and after her mother checked her for any bite marks, Soyeon immediately ran to her mate, wrapping her arms around her tightly.

"Please don't do that again." She whispered.

"I had to protect you and mama." Shizuha panted, exhausted from the encounter.

"I know.. But I could've lost you.." She nuzzled into her neck, inhaling her scent.

"I'm going to close the shop... can you two help clean up?" Mina mumbled. The two nodded, helping with the mess.

Mina had taken the two her home, brewing tea for all of them to calm down. Shizuha held Soyeon close, feeling her still shaking from the whole thing. Mina sat with them, keeping herself silent.

"Mama... I saw the oracle." Shizuha whispered. "She said I was supposed to die at birth... What happened?" She frowned. Mina looked up at her daughter, shaking her head. "Mama please..." she frowned.

"You.. You were so tiny..."'she whispered. "When I had given birth to both of you.. Yukime was the only one crying. I hurried with cleaning her and panicked with you." She frowned. "I called your aunt Momo. She can't hours later, and helped me. You were barely breathing and it terrified me that I tried everything." She sniffed. "When she came, she was able to get you to move, and react.." mina frowned at the memory.

"Come on..." Momo whispered while holding the small pup in her hands. Mina watched as Momo worked. "Please... Please don't give up." As soon as she finished whispering to the child, she moved, letting out little whimpers.

"You did it." Mina whispered.

"I did." Momo smiled, holding the pup close to her. "She's going to be okay." She handed Mina the pup, allowing her to scent the little thing.

Shizuha shook her head, her aunt revived her. Both of them didn't want her to give up..

"Where was mom." She asked.

"She didn't want me near any of you." The little family turned to see their leader walk in. "She had gone into full nesting mode and tried to tear my head off." She chuckled.

"I apologized." Mina frowned at her mate.

"So I shouldn't have lived, but thanks to Auntie I have to deal with this stupid darkness in me." She snapped. Soyeon frowned, placing her hand on her mate's cheek.

"Not here.." she whispered. "Please baby not here.." She released her scent, calming her mate down slightly. Shizuha frowned, glaring at her parents.

"I wasn't going to give up on you." Mina frowned. "You two were the best things in our lives." She sighed. Shizuha nodded, now feeling guilty about being angry.

Soyeon watched her mate sit at the edge of the bed. She walked up to her, placing a hand on her head, running her fingers through her hair. Shizuha wrapped her arms around her mate's waist, resting her head against her stomach.

"You protected me today." Soyeon whispered.

"I did." She sighed.

"I feel like somehow I owe you.." she knelt down in front of Shizuha, looking up at her.

"You don't. You're my mate and I love you. I'm always going to protect you." She rested her forehead against Soyeon's.

"Then let me distract you.." she whispered.