12 - News

Shizuha typed her own name into the computer, seeing a photo of herself with the people from her memories. She learned that her mother was a pack leader, her mother was an omega, everything... until she saw an article claiming she was dead.

"But.. I'm not dead.." Shizuha whispered. She didn't have her full memories, but she felt a connection to them. It was a weak connection that felt weaker every time she looked at the photos... A sense of anger actually coming over her... she didn't know why she was so angry... But she felt it.

Soyeon sat at her desk, new job, new life. Everything was insanely busy. She ran her hand through her hair as she went over reports. All she wanted was to calm down, go home and cuddle with her girls, but both of them never wanted to cuddle. So she was always stuck on the couch alone watching them play rough with each other.

"So how are you liking it here?" Soyeon looked up to see a girl smile at her.

"It's.. busy." She sighed. "Which is good. No time to stop and think." She mumbled.

"Just enough time to chat though." The girl chuckled. "Miyeon." She extended her hand, allowing Soyeon to shake it.

"Soyeon." She mumbled. The girl looked down at her desk, seeing the photos, mostly of little children.

"Are those your pups?" She smiled.

"Yeah, my precious babies that are literal spawns of Satan most of the time." Soyeon chuckled while looking down at the photos. Miyeon glanced at her neck, not seeing a mate mark, she was very confused... Usually mate marks lasted for years...

"Not to be... rude.. or cross any lines... But do you have a mate...?" she raised an eyebrow at her.

"I... Did." She mumbled. "But I don't want to talk about it." She quickly engrossed herself back into her work. "I have a lot... to sort through today... It was nice talking to you." She quickly said before returning to her work.

When she got home for the night, she relieved her sitter and smiled when she saw both of her girls sitting on the floor. Mia staring up at the cartoons playing on the tv while Sihyeon was putting a puzzle together.

"Hi babies." Soyeon smiled, scenting them as she hugged them. Mia didn't move, eyes focused on the bright colors and shapes. Sihyeon made a small noise, acknowledging her mother while she put together the puzzle. "You guys are never this quiet...." Soyeon whispered to herself. She enjoyed it a little, usually they were screaming when she got home.

"Mama knows." Sihyeon whispered while Soyeon walked away. She stopped in her tracks, turning slowly to look at her daughter.

"What?" She frowned.

"Mama knows about us." She mumbled. "I told her."

"T-told her?" Soyeon was confused.

"I talk to mama every night." She smiled.

Soyeon sat her down, telling her that Shizuha wasn't here. Sihyeon frowned, placing a hand on her mother's cheek, eyes flicking color as she thought of her mother.

"Stop... Please.." Soyeon frowned.

"But mama..." Sihyeon frowned.

Sana sat with Sihyeon as she met with the oracle. Soyeon stayed outside, waiting with Mina and Mia.

"She's gifted." The oracle smiled. "Iotas are normally in tune with feelings and fond memories. She senses the sadness in your family. She wants to fix it." She explained.

"Her mother says that she speaks to the dead... She's been talking to my daughter.." Sana frowned while holding the pup in her arms. "Should we be worried?" She asked.

"Your daughter.." the oracle frowned, dropping grey dust into the fire. "She's alive." Images of Shizuha being taken from the mountain floor showed through the flames. Sana watched as the next images were of her in a village. "Anger has consumed her. The darkness has fully consumed her in her isolation." The oracle warned.

"Mama.." Sihyeon whispered.

Sana carried the little girl out of the oracle's building. A new headache forming.

"Is my daughter possessed?" Soyeon frowned.

"No... Iotas are gifted." Sana mumbled while handing the girl over. "She's in tune with feelings, emotions and memories." She further explained.

When they were in the comforts of their home, Sana paced. Mina picked up on it, helping Soyeon put the pups down for their naps.

"What else." Mina barked at her. "You know something else and I swear to god if you know something horrible and refuse to tell us..." Mina growled. Soyeon watched as Mina had snapped on her mate.

"Shizuha is alive." Sana whispered. "The oracle showed me.. But the darkness consumed her..." she frowned.

Soyeon shook her head. It was all impossible. Her mate was alive and darkness consumed her. Because that made sense.

"What are we going to do?" Mina whispered.

"I need to speak with the oracle again. Find out how to approach her and find her." Sana explained. "She could be extremely dangerous."

"Shi-tan wouldn't hurt anyone." Soyeon growled. "This is all bullshit! I need my mate back!" She cried. The older couple understood her pain. But didn't know how to fix the situation.

Soyeon sat at her desk trying to focus. She heard a small knock, looking up to see Miyeon again.

"How is your family?" She asked.

"Chaotic as usual." She mumbled.

"And your aunt?" Miyeon frowned. Soyeon looked up at her, confused until it hit her. She had lied about everything in order to get the time off to visit Sana and Mina.

"Better." She lied.

"Good.. Um... Look... I was wondering maybe we could get to know each other outside of work?" She asked quietly. Soyeon frowned. The girl was asking her out, knowing she had kids. Her mate was still alive but didn't come home because the darkness consumed her. All bullshit in her mind. "Forget it.. I'm so sorry.. I shouldn't have.. have said anything." She quickly muttered.

"No... I.. I think I would like that." Soyeon whispered.