20 - The Clearing

Sihyeon sat in her grandmother's office, she felt nervous being around so many leaders. She shifted uncomfortably in the seat, all the eyes were on her...

"How did you know Momo collapsed?" Sana asked her.

"I saw it." She whispered.

"How." She growled.

"Sana." Mina warned. "She's a Child. Remember that." She growled. Sihyeon frowned, she didn't like the angry tone of voice the alpha was using. Her eyes went from a deep brown to a deep blue. "Sihyeon..." Mina sighed while walking closer to the girl.

"Mina, are you serious?" Sana growled.

"She's a baby. Stop." Mina snapped. She placed a hand on her cheek, seeing what Sihyeon was seeing now. She saw Momo collapsing in the woods, but the memory shifted to Sihyeon's room a voice telling her to tell her mother. Mina pulled her hand away, looking down at the child.

"Mina?" One of the leaders whispered.

"Someone is using her." Mina frowned. "Using her to tell us about the horrible things... They want to be caught." Mina whispered.

"Who is giving you these memories Sihyeon?" Sana asked.

"Mama." Sihyeon whispered.

Sana shook her head, not wanting to believe it. Mina touched her granddaughter's cheek again, this time where the small scratches were. Immediately she pulled back after a few seconds, eyes widen with shock.

"It is Shizuha..." Mina frowned. "Sihyeon... Where do you see her?" She asked. Sihyeon shook her head. She promised. She promised she would never give away her mother's hiding place.

"Sihyeon! We need answers! Now!" Sana growled. Sihyeon cowered under her grandmother's angry tone, her scent filling the room as she curled into herself.

"Stop... She's just a kid." Soyeon frowned, she walked closer to Sihyeon, pulling her into a tight hug.

"We can't exploit her like you did Shizuha." Mina whispered. Sana looked up at her, knowing what she had done. "Even if you wanted to kill her.... It's going to be hard killing someone who has a higher classification than you. You'll need her only weakness."

"And what's that?" Sana snapped.

"Hate to say it..." Mina frowned, her eyes looking back at Soyeon and Sihyeon. "But it's her family."

Mina paced in the room, Soyeon shaking her head at the rambling that was coming out of her leader's mouth. Sana frowned, knowing that none of them would be okay with any of it. 

"I promise... If she does... I'll protect all of you." Sana whispered. 

"Me too." Mina finally spoke. 

"And let you both risk your lives? I don't think so." Soyeon frowned. "I know what she's capable of... If... If something happened to you guys.. I... I don't want that to happen." She frowned. 

Soyeon didn't know how Sana had convinced her, but here she was following Sihyeon in the middle of the night through the woods. The little girl bounded ahead of her, taking multiple turns until she hit a clearing. 

"Sihyeon..." Soyeon warned her quietly. 

"Shh." Sihyeon took a small step forward, crouching into the tall grass as she crept forward. Soyeon watched her daughter carefully, seeing something moving in the dark on the other side of the clearing. Her heart going a mile a minute watching the figure move out of the woods and into the clearing. She watched as Sihyeon moved quietly, closer to the figure. 

"You see it?" Sana whispered behind her. 

"They're going right for each other.." Mina tilted her head at the figure, eyes never leaving it. It wasn't until they heard a small squeal, and then smelt the blizzardy scent of Shizuha. 

"Mama!" Sihyeon's voice giggled. The three watched closely, waiting for something to give her away. Sana looked at Mina, seeing tears filling her eyes. 

"It's... Not Shizuha..." Mina whimpered. "It smells like her.. But.. Does not look like her." She whispered, tears falling. "I.. I can't." Mina took off away from them, running towards her granddaughter. She heard the growling coming from the figure, but she didn't care. Her instinct was to protect her pack... Her family. She grabbed Sihyeon, dragging her away from the figure. 

"How dare you..." The figure growled. 

"But it's Mama!" Sihyeon cried. 

"Sihyeon.. It's not." Mina frowned while holding her tighter. 

"I'd expect something like this from mom... But never you..." The figure whispered. Mina looked up at the now much larger figure. Slowly lurking closer to her. "Mom never liked the fact that I was more powerful... Using me for her own gain..." The voice slowly turned into a familiar voice to her. Until she saw the little girl.... Her Shizuha. "It hurt mommy..." She whispered. 

"No..." Mina frowned. "No....." She shook her head, trying to fight the dark feeling in her. 

"Mina! No!" Sana's voice was heard across the clearing. She didn't dare open her eyes until she heard her mate's snarl close to her. "I fought you when I was younger... I'll fight you again you coward." Sana threatened. 

"Seems to me that it's beyond your time to die anyway." The figure shifted again, this time into a male. "Shizuha lost her battle a long time ago... Didn't she Sihyeon?" The male asked her. The little girl shook her head, tears now streaming down her face. 

"Mina... Take Sihyeon and Soyeon away from here.. I have unfinished business to attend to." Sana ordered. Mina nodded, trying to take Sihyeon back to Soyeon, but she took off in the opposite direction, running to where the figure had came from. 

"Sihyeon!" Soyeon and Mina screamed before chasing after her. 

"Just me and you now." Sana growled, blocking the figure's path from her family. The figure paced in front of her like a lion waiting for a time to strike. 

"Your family is just as pathetic as I imagined." The male scoffed. "Bringing disgrace by mating with that..." He spat. Sana's eyes flashed red before she lunged. Her mind set on one thing. Killing it once and for all.

Sihyeon ran through the woods, ducking under branches, trying to find the memories that the figure had given her. She let out a loud sob as she ran, trying to find familiar surroundings. She heard her mother and grandmother's calls for her, but she couldn't turn back to them now... She wanted to find her mother. She needed to find her. 

"Mama!" She cried out. She continued running, tripping over a rock and stumbling down a little ravine. She landed on her side, letting out a loud cry before rolling over to her stomach. She let out a whine, feeling pain in her entire body. "Mama..." She cried. "Mama help." She whimpered.