Chapter 1: The start of the scars.

KHOLA'S POV: 7 YEARS BACK WORDS (AGE OF KHOLA':15)

Its my first day wearing the hijab.
My protection , my pride , my way of being safe .

It's my way of being me and having the hijab come in different colours is like my way of expressing my emotions to the world.

I walk up to my locker and it's only then that I notice the stares. They not the kindest but what doesn't matter shouldn't bother right?

I knew this would happen but I was not really worried. I ignore all the stares and carry on putting my books in my locker .

Just as I am about to put my last book in my locker there's a loud scream, the scream was like seriously so loud it could probably destroy my ear drumbs.

Still trying to recover from the devil's scream I don't notice the chaos that's about to occur.

Just when I thought that maybe I was wrong and no chaos would occur the girl screeches again like dang does she not have any volume buttons where you can like lower the volume or something

" EVERYONE TO THE GB NOW!"

Everyone stops what they doing and starts running to the GB. They push past me like the world is about to end and start running like they legit pick their feet up and run.

When every thing seems to calm down I stand up and fix my poor hijab that just might fall apart since the children in my school are like animals.

Incase you wondering the "GB" as they call it is a stupid board that the animals (aka school children) created. It's basically where every piece of gossip is about 90% of the students from the school . Once your name is on that board you might as well find a new school because your life is ruined . They will bully you and torment you just because you may of done something stupid . It's not like everyone is saints but you know high school children.

Every week there's something new about someone , you may be wondering who takes their time to put things like this on the board well allow me to enlighten you .

It's the KQ yeah they call themselves that it stands for kings and queens incase you slow and didn't figure that out. It's two girls Chelsea and Casey and then there's Chase and Waleed .

They run this school ,I know cliche right but in every school there's always the popular and the, well the rest.

They keep the GB in the Gym in one of the old supply rooms so that the teachers won't find it because you know bullying is not allowed. It's Ridiculous and I don't stand it why would I?

Just as I am about to walk to my algebra class one of my friends ,Becca James comes up to me panting , trying to catch her breath .

"Kh-hola " she stutters trying to catch her breath.

" Calm down Bec , breathe , what's wrong " I say as she calms down a little bit.

" K , this week's gossip is about you" she says .

That sentence seemed almost impossible because I am literally a nobody ,how can I be on that disgusting board?

"Bec you sure because I am like legit a nobody how can I be on it?" I ask hoping and praying that she is wrong.

" K you know I wouldn't lie ,I checked it twice just to be sure but don't worry we'll get through this ,you should probably leave" she says as she looks at me ,her eyes full of pity.

"Bec what did it say?" I ask her , getting straight to the point.

" It says that you bald so that's why you started to cover your hair " She says as she looks down at her shoes.

Seriously who did this and why before I know it I am having a full on anxiety attack and the next think I know the darkness takes over one that's not leaving anytime soon mentally not physically if you get what I am saying.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TWO HOURS LATER.

I wake up with my mother holding my hand and my father standing over her .

" She's awake !" My father says.

"Oh thank you Allah, we were so worried about you"

" What happened to you?" They both ask with worry .

"Ummi and Abba I am ok " I say trying to assure them that I feel fine because in all honesty I really do feel fine maybe not mentally but physically I feel extremely fine.

I don't know if I should tell them about the GB because I heard that if you tell an adult or anyone that can stop the GB, the KQ makes your life even harder.

I decide against it .

" I just got stressed because of my exam that I am taking tomorrow" I lie smoothly so smoothly they buy the lie.

I sit up and put on my shoes but just as my parents and I are about to walk out the door Becca comes in she looks like she knows something I tell my parents to go to the car while I speak to Becca they seem reluctant at first but leave.

" K , I know who started this ridiculous rumour" she says in one breath

"Who?" I ask curiously.

" Waleed Muhmmad, "
She says .

I look up to her and feel like crying. Now my walls fall and new ones build themselves up one's that won't come down any time soon.
Because now I know for a fact that if Waleed started the rumour than my life in high school is over ...

Dun dun dun

Get this chapter to 10 views
5 votes
6 comments
AND I'LL POST CHAPTER TWO!
IN TWO DAYS!!!!

LOVE U ALL
AALIYAH ❤️