6. I'll Just End Up Walking In The Cold November Rain

I'd always been afraid of walking alone at night, lately it's been worse. Things have been too good lately, there's no way it'll be like that forever. When I heard the rustling in the bushes of the woods that night, I was too in the moment and full of arousal to really pay attention. I sat by the river, usually I don't walk this far into the woods, but today was the expectation. As time passed, little changed. The water was fairly calm still, the November breeze gave it an artistic, smooth appearance. I was then reminded of why I always loved coming here.

Gary and I have taken Bethany for walks in these woods. I hadn't seen him in a few days though. Even though we had shared a very personal part of ourselves with eachother, I still couldn't tell him why I wasn't ready for a relationship. I know from Ryder that he had issues with Ronnie, these issues drove me and Ronnie further apart, this would only trigger even more fights, and I didn't want Gary involved in it.

The last time I talked with Gary, I made up some lame unbelievable excuse about why I couldnt go to a drive in movie with him. He was implying it was a date, and I just wasn't comfortable with that yet. I hadn't fully recovered from the trauma yet, Gary doesn't deserve to have to deal with me and be so close to me when I'm still having those severe of flashbacks.

I had almsot fallen asleep. I had been here for hours by now, but I couldn't get any shut eye. The rustling in the bushes came again. It was the same sound as I heard after Gary and I had sex in the woods.

My heart raced. The noises got closer. Someone was following me. Instantly, I darted down the beach, fast footsteps followed behind me. I was too scared to look back, but instantly knew who had been chasing me when I saw a black boot trip me, and a cackle that sounded like it belonged to a horror villain when I fell into the water.

"The fuck do you want from me Ryder?" I stood up, my breath hitched as he pushed me back down on the ground, I was now covered in mud.

The older boy, now hovering on top of me, his hand dangerously close to the center of me, smirked a bit. "I saw you with him."

"Who?" I struggled in his grip. I had gotten used to this scary situation, it didn't faze me as much anymore.

"Don't you fucking lie to me." He spat, slapping me across the face.

"Who Gary?"

Ryder, wearing his infamous villain grin, nodded. I cringed, but agreed to give him whatever information he wanted, his hand was close to my throat and I didn't want to risk anything. "There's nothing to it Ryder. I'm fucking him."

"I never loved you. You were just a pair of tits to me. That's all you'll ever be to Rossington. He doesn't give a shit about you."

Ryder left after that.

But his words about me not meaning shit to Gary and being used for sex stuck with me.

Maybe he was right.