17. And If The Sky Comes Falling Down

"Kennedy wait up I wanna talk to you." A voice restrained me from reaching Gary and his friends that were standing up agaist the locker. Reaching my hands into the back pockets of my jeans, I turned around on my heels, and Crystal greeted me.

"I need to talk to you. I heard Ryder on the phone last night." She kept her voice to whisper, school had ended about ten minutes ago, and the hallways were mostly clear. "And your boyfriend."

Crystal clutched her books to her chest and tapped her foot awaiting my response. I signalled her to follow me, and we made our way towards them. Larry and Allen began to tease Ronnie as soon as they saw Crystal. I rolled my eyes and placed a cigerette in between my lips, speaking my words muffled due to it being in between my teeth.

"So what's going on that's so important?" I turned to Crystal and she sighed heavily.

"Ryder wants to beat up Gary." Crystal looked to him with an expression of pure sympathy-- or regretful. I couldn't tell.

"Not if I have anything to do about it." Ronnie attempted to walk forward, but Crystal stopped him with a hand on his chest.

"Ronnie I don't know if you should get involved. I'm serious I dont want anybody getting hurt. That's why I came to warn y'all. He wants to fight tommrow. He's planning to jump ya with all his buddies."

"Oh darling I'll be fine. He messin' with Gary over here he's messin with me. I don't take no shit from nobody."

"Just be careful."