eight

THAT EVENING when gaeul reached home, yohan was nowhere to be found. at first, she didn't really mind considering that he's a genie and he could be anywhere he wants.

but when she went to school the next day, yohan still hasn't arrived so she was starting to get a bit worried. "gaeul i thought you'd always walk to school with yohan. is he not coming today?" eunsang had asked her.

"um, i don't know. he didn't text me or anything. i hope he's okay though." she said, fidgeting with the hem of her uniform.

"oh there he is-" eunsang grabbed her attention but her class president, hyunseong stole it. "someone from the arts stream passed this note for you," he said as he handed her a piece of note.

she flipped the note to see what was written on it.

meet me in front of the 
old physics lab during lunch- 이한결

she felt another presence behind her so she immediately turned to face him. relief washed over her when yohan was seated in his place in one piece. no bruise or whatsoever.

when no one was paying attention she moved her chair closer to his table. "where were you last night? i was dead worried about you." she whispered to him.

"taking a walk." he replied bluntly. "how long did you take your so-called walk? as long as i remember, you weren't home when i came back from school yesterday and when i was leaving to school today."

"i left early this morning." his replies were so dry gaeul felt like punching him but she held herself. why was he being like that?

gaeul didn't say anything instead she turned back to her seating place and started doing some notes and not long after that, a substitute teacher came in so they were asked to finish yesterday's assignment.

when it was lunchtime, gaeul hurriedly left the class. "don't wait for me." was all she said to junho before leaving to the old physics lab.

hangyul wasn't there when she arrived so she thought he ditched her but she thought wrong when she felt a tap on her shoulder.

"did i keep you waiting?"

"actually no. i just arrived here so it's no big deal. why did you call me here anyways?" she asked, tightening the grip on her book to her chest.

"oh um well about that." he trailed and rubbed his nape nervously. "actually, i need your help for something."

"what is it about?" she asked him curiously. she could feel her palms sweating because she was as nervous as him.

"well, i have a crush on someone. and i'm planning to confess as soon as possible because i can't bottle up my feelings for too long although i'm kind of afraid of rejection. so i need to practice it with you first to make sure i don't mess up or anything." he grinned from ear to ear.

gaeul heart broke at his words and she felt like running away from the scene. she had been crushing on him since forever and she never thought she'd deal with this kind of heartbreak.

it was so overwhelming for her but she tried to stay calm and put on her best smile. "so who's the lucky girl?"

"well... you'll see. but for now, i really need your help. is it okay if i do it like this?" he started practising in front of gaeul and she could only nod and smile, not being able to do more as she was scared she'd break down in front of him.

when school was over, she walked home alone again since yohan was nowhere to be found. just as if god heard her prayers, it started to rain and she let her tears streamed down her cheeks together with the raindrops.