twelve

"GAEUL!" seungwoo's voice could be heard throughout the hotel's lobby. she turned and shrieked as soon as she was engulfed in a big hug.

"seungwoo oppa we literally met a few hours ago why are you making it look as if we haven't met each other for ten years?" she laughed as she struggled to let herself go.

when seungwoo finally let her go, she could finally breathe properly again. seungwoo glanced at yohan and gave a smile. "nice outfit." he complimented.

"thanks." he mumbled and smiled. they went to the table seungwoo had booked and yohan saw another figure sitting sideways. yohan didn't need to ask that woman was.

"mom!" gaeul ran excitedly and hugged her from the back. it was a heartwarming scene if you asked yohan but it was the opposite for her mom. "gaeul?! what are you doing here?!" she exclaimed, holding her hand close to her chest.

"i almost had a heart attack oh my god." her mom sighed and hugged her daughter. "sorry mom." she apologised and sat beside her. seungwoo was about to walk towards the table when he saw yohan standing like a statue.

"let's go." he nudged yohan and he trudged behind seungwoo. he took a seat beside seungwoo. "han gaeul you have a lot of explaining to do." her mom crossed her arms, noticing an unfamiliar face with them at the same time.

"and who is-" before her mom could say anything, she cut her off. "let me explain everything. this is yohan, my friend. then one you talked to when he visited our house the other day? yeah that's him.

basically i know this sounded unreal but he took part in a taekwondo match and came in first place. the prize was two pair of tickets to travel to japan and since his parents are overseas, he decided to bring me instead since you're here and i'm his bestie! the end!" she made up a fake scenario and explained.

yohan kept up a straight face and nodded here and there. seungwoo who was listening to her explanation attentively couldn't help but to feel something off but he quickly shrugged it off.

"that's very nice of you yohan. but you didn't have to do that really." her mom said but yohan brushed her comment off by saying that it's nothing much, making him look like a spoiled brat.

though yohan had to admit gaeul's family was really nice and friendly. he had a good laugh with seungwoo too.

"do you still want to meet us tomorrow? or do you want to tour around with yohan?"seungwoo nudged gaeul's elbows and winked at her.

"maybe meeting the both of you for breakfast would be nice." her mom nodded and gave her another hug. "let me know if you need something okay? also give me your flight details so i can send the both of you off."

both gaeul and yohan froze at their spots. "a-actually mom, our flight is scheduled at late night so i wouldn't want to bother you and oppa. we can handle it by ourselves."

gaeul's mom looked like she was about to oppose the idea but yohan beat her to it. "yeah mrs. han don't worry. i'll look after gaeul. after all, i'm the one who brought her here."

"alright if you two insist. gaeul you should get going, it's already late night. yohan could you do me a favour and send gaeul safely back to her room." her mom ordered and yohan nodded, giving a sweet smile.

"we'll get going now yeah?" gaeul said before hugging her mom. "thanks hyung for the treat." yohan said and seungwoo replied with a sweet smile. "anytime."

they walked out of the restaurant and gaeul pulled yohan to the side. "we're not going back to the hotel aren't we." she whispered and he giggled.