Chapter 5: Knight, Apprentice, and Crimes of the Past.

Ruby P.O.V. Location: Team RWBY's Dorm

I return to the dorm, and my teammates are waiting for me.

(Yang) - Where'd you run off to, and where'd you get the cake?

(Ruby) - I was visiting Y/N. A lot of crazy things have happened, and I wanted to make sure he was okay. He let me help him pick out pieces for his next lightsaber, and let me watch him build the completed project!

(Blake) - A natural weapons fanatic at her finest. Watching a boy from outer space build a blade that nobody has seen an almost half a century. Must be the opportunity of a lifetime for you.

(Ruby) - It was! It was so cool! Oh, he also sent the rest of the cake after he had finished.

(Weiss) - He sent it for all of us?

(Ruby) - Yeah. He said something along the lines of having too much on his mind to be a vengeful person at the moment.

Weiss looks down. She must be thinking about how to make things right with her former brother. I know what it's like to lose somebody. I know that you can't fix family issues, though... All that matters at this point is how well they're willing to tolerate each other...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blake P.O.V.

Ruby's pondering something, Yang looks empathic, and Weiss looks... somber. I don't know how I feel yet. This guy just shows up about three weeks ago, and claims to be from space. The strangest thing is, he's got the evidence to prove it. I can't help but wonder. That was his name.

You are an enigma wrapped in a riddle, Y/N Kestis.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N P.O.V. Location: Atlas carrier.

(Ironwood) - He's free to go. What about the child?

Wraith was taken into custody for questioning almost a week ago, and Marx was given a place to mourn. I'm just here to offer an ultimatum.

(Y/N) - That's up to him. Thanks for not keeping Wraith hostage.

(Ironwood) - I'm only doing what I have to do for the people. Continuing to hold him hostage would only make us a target to that empire. Can you really find a use for him?

(Y/N) - Believe it. Now, if you don't mind...?

He steps aside, and I walk into the interrogation room. Wraith looks to address me.

(Wraith) - What's the word?

I reach out with the force, and deactivate his cuffs.

(Y/N) - You're a free man, Yozdis. You're free to go.

(Wraith) - So... what now? I have nowhere else to go, and no idea what to do next.

(Y/N) - I may have an idea.

(Wraith) - Do tell.

(Y/N) - If I asked you to ally yourself with me, would you?

(Wraith) - ...It would only make sense. We are both survivors of fallen orders. Our bloodlines traces back to the early ages of Dathomir. Why do you ask?

I grab his saber from my belt.

(Wraith) - Is that-?

(Y/N) - Wraith Yozdis.

(Wraith) - ?

I ignite one blade on his saber, and he seems surprised to see a purified green blade instead of synthetic red.