Chapter 6: Painful Memories, and Connections Forged

Syna P.O.V. Location: Star Decimation - Ren Flagship.

(Syna) - I failed to apprehend the Jedi, eliminate the traitor, and retrieve the child. The inquisitors you sent to accompany me killed the child's father, but the Seventh Brother and the Fourth Sister are dead, and the Third Brother barely escaped with his life. I hope you can forgive me, Master, Supreme Leader.

Is what I'm saying, but I'm actually quite giddy inside. I was just bested in battle by my childhood friend, and for once, my submissive side is satisfied... No! I can't focus on that right now.

(Starkiller) - You are forgiven, apprentice.

I look up at the two. Thank goodness they're overlooking this.

(Kylo Ren) - Indeed. Your battle with the Kestis Child only proved something: His connection to the force is strong, yet the capacity of his prowess on the battlefield is unknown to us. He has no will to hurt you, and you alone. Everyone else in our New Order may as well be sacrificial lambs in his eyes. You are an invaluable advantage to us. And we thank you for your allegiance.

(Syna) - I am unworthy of such praise, my lords. I will return to my duties aboard the ship.

(Kylo Ren) - Do so. And Third?

(Third Brother) - Y-yes, my lord?

(Kylo Ren) - Go to the medical ward. You're going to need a new arm before you die from blood loss. Without your force-sensitivity, it would be a miracle that you had survived this long. Go.

(Third Brother) - Yes my lord.

The both of us walk away, and I am met in the halls by the Tenth Sister.

(Tenth Sister) - M-miss Roseland?

(Syna) - Hello, Ten. What might I do for you?

(Tenth Sister) - Oh, I just have a question.

(Syna) - Shoot.

(Tenth Sister) - Are you going to do ANYTHING to break your stud boytoy into the New Order?

...What?

(Syna) - I beg your pardon?

(Tenth Sister) - Oh, you heard me correctly. If you're not gonna do anything to take him, I will.

(Syna) - Even if I were to allow that, he won't turn to us easily.

(Tenth Sister) - Well, maybe our usual methods of breaking Jedi are a little outdated. For the stud named Y/N Kestis, I daresay that using my methods, I could break him in in a matter of hours.

(Syna) - What exactly would your methods entail?

(Tenth Sister) - Oh, just a little... Rocking the sheets. I wonder how long the boy would last...? GHHK!

She is lifted into the air, gasping for breath like a fish out of water.

(Syna) - Listen, Slut. You may be valuable to the new order as a Jedi Hunter, but you can be replaced. I'm a little harder to kill. The Seventh Brother and the Fourth Sister fought him, and they aren't here now. The little girl with the scythe cut off the Third's arm, so we have to be careful down there. But if I hear you refer to my Y/N in such a manner again...

Her breathing gets further strained as I squeeze tighter. I'm glad Force Choke was one of the first powers I learned under Starkiller's tutelage.

(Syna) - I WILL break your neck, Miria. Make no mistake.

I drop her on the floor and she takes several deep breaths to regain the air she lost. I don't care what happens. I won't let people like that- people like HER have my childhood best friend. I love him too much for that.