Lets begin.

Stay as Dave

We drove.

And drove.

Drove a little more

Then arrived and my god does that school look big. Dirk kicks Rose and I out of the car. Rose has been going to this school for years, so she points me in the direction of the principles office. As I'm walking there I scope out any cute people. So far so bad. Nada. They all have braces and glasses. Sure I'll be their friend but I'd never date any of them. When I enter the office there's already a lady waiting for me.

"Ah yes Mister Strider. I don't have a lot of time to waste so here's your schedule and a booklet of everyday school rules." The lady just hands me a packet and a paper and then leaves. I thought I was disrespectful. I check my schedule on the paper.

Advisory: Art Room 202

A Day

1: AP Geometry. Room 107

2: AP English. Room 121

3: Biology. Lab 5

4: World History. Room 276

B Day

1: AP Geometry. Room 107

2. AP English. Room 121

3. ASL

4. Tech ED

Alright. That's okay I guess. Uhhh. Advisory... 202. Second floor. I turn a few corners and up a staircase. Now I'm lost.

"Hey!! You're new right?" I turn around and see a pale male with black hair and blue glasses. He puts out his hand.

"I'm John Egbert. Vice president of the photography club!! Also best friends with Rose Lalonde." I hesitantly take his hand. He shakes my hand very fast.

"Hi...?"

"So you're Dave huh? You're much cooler than I expecte-. Uhh. Oh! Right! Rose told me to help you around on your first day." He peers over my shoulder at my schedule. He points at my Advisory class.

"Ms. Nenno! We have the same classes! And the best teachers! Lucky you! Alright she's this way!" Without anymore words spoken John leads me to our Advisory. We are both early. The teacher isn't even here yet. John and I sit next to each other. The next person the enter the class is a small troll with nubby horns, curly hair, and freckles. Honestly he looks adorable. He places some files on the teachers desk. I turn to John.

"Is that the teacher?" I whisper. John shakes his head.

"No. That's the school president Karkat Vantas. He's the teacher's favorite and always gets straight A's. He's supposed to be in this grade but the teachers requested him to help out as a job instead of going through senior year as a student. Probably because he was gonna skip senior year... somehow." John says.

"Pfft what a nerd." I say.

"Yes. But he's a pretty cool person. He's nice as long as you follow school rules. I hang out with him a lot. I think Rose has has him over as well." John nudges me. Huh. I don't remember him ever coming over. John stands up and greets Karkat.

"Hey dude! How was your summer?" The small troll jumps from Johns sudden appearance.

"OH THANK GOD I THOUGHT I WAS GONNA BE STUCK WITH SOME CHEAP SHOT DUMB ASS WHO ONLY THINKS ABOUT THEMSELVES. BUT NO. I HAVE BEEN SAVED. OH RIGHT. MY SUMMER WAS OKAY. WHAT ABOUT YOU?" He's kinda shouty. Odd. The way he described the 'cheap shot dumb ass' sounds familiar.

"Boring as always. I got back up on the top 10 in COD again!" John says. Pssshhh I'm in the top three. (ranking on most powerful/skilled player in call of duty. It's an internet thing.)

"FUCK YEAH." The small troll gives John a high five.

"But I still don't understand how you got to #1?!" Wait huh?! This small little geek is the most skilled player and sniper?? I find myself staring.

"IS THERE SOMETHING YOU NEED MISTER STRIDER??" Jeez so formal. I snap out of my trance.

"Oh no it's nothing." I stand up and walk over next to John.

" Karkat as you know this is Dave. Rose's brother." I wave. He waves back in a nervous way. 

"YEAH I'VE SEE HIM AROUND ROSE'S HOUSE AND BOY HAVE I HEARD WONDERS ABOUT YOUR ATTITUDE. I DON'T KNOW WHY HE NEVER WENT TO THIS SCHOOL BEFORE THOUGH. HIS GRADES  ARE EXCELLENT... THOUGH HIS ABILITY TO FOLLOW RULES IS LACKING." Karkat growls. I wink at him. Even though I have mirror shades on I make it clear to see. His eyes widen almost and his face flushes light pink. He shakes his head nervously and walks around John.

"STRIDER HAVE YOU AT LEAST READ THE DRESS CODE??" He places his hands on his hips. 

"Nope." I smirk. He sighs.

"YOU KNOW JUST BECAUSE WE ARE A PREPPY SCHOOL DOES NOT MEAN WE'RE ASSHOLES." Karkat starts buttoning up my blouse and adjusts my tie. My chest feels heavy almost. Like him doing that did something. He smiles triumphantly at me. My chest gets more heavy. 

"I'LL LET YOU OFF WITH A SMALL WARNING. NOW GO SIT DOWN BEFORE I MARK YOU BOTH ABSENT." He orders us. We walk back to our seats. Yeah this isn't comfortable. I'll change it next period. I should probably just take off the tie. That'll work.... fuck Dirk told me to follow the rules. Ughh. I fiddle with my tie. 

"ALRIGHT SO THE TEACHER CALLED AND SAID SHE'S RUNNING LATE FOR ADVISORY SO FOR TODAY'S LESSON WE CAN CHILL. IF YOU HELP ME WITH ORGANIZING THE ART CLOSET I'LL BUY YOU PIZZA AND BRING IT TO YOUR CLASS NEXT PERIOD. REMEMBER TO KEEP IT IN THE BOX AND MAKE SURE YOU'RE NOT CAUGHT." Fuck. Yes.