This is an intense story.

John Egbert

Was last night a dream or something..? Because didn't Dave put... Karkat there and... Dave was on the floor. Well anyway I guess Karkat changed his mind. Now he's stuck with Dave. Mwahaha.

"Hey!! You two love birds!! You better not've fucked!! That water bed is specifically water!!" I shout. They wake up quickly. Karkat falls out of bed. 

"JESUS FUCKING CHIRST!!" 

"Holy shit. Karkat. You okay?" Dave asks.

"YEAH TOTALLY. I DEFINITELY DIDN'T JUST FALL OFF THE WATER BED." I laugh. Dave glares at me and helps Karkat up. What was that for?! It was funny.

"Hey. So. Wanna do something while my dad makes breakfast?" I ask

"Like what?" Dave asks. I honestly have no idea. 

"Truth or dare maybe. But like the friend version. You specifically don't do anything with Rose. I don't have to do anything with Jade."

"Uhhhmn sure???" Dave responds. I walk over to the girls and put out my phone. I look up a video of an airhorn and press play. They slowly wake up. Not the reaction I wanted but okay. 

"Ladies. We're playing truth or dare!! I have an app we can use!!"

"YOU KNOW WE CAN INVITE MORE PEOPLE TO PLAY." Karkat says. Good idea I give him a thumbs up and call my other friends. Kanaya, Sollux, Tavros, Gamzee, Eridan, and uhh... Roxy... Dave's other sister aka. My crush. She doesn't go to our school, but she's really fun. They all agreed to come over. Yay!!

Karkat Vantas

I regret telling John to do that. His poor dad has to make more pancakes. But at least he won't have any thanksgiving left overs. I uhh. I should probably thank Dave for saving me yesterday. I don't think words will be enough to repay him. What should I do...? Oh dear. I tap his shoulder.

"H-HEY DAVE." He turns to face me on the bed.

"What's up Karkles?" He sits there. His expression calm. He looks so safe and welcoming.

"I-I UHH... I WANTED TO THANK YOU... FOR HELPING ME... I REALLY APPRECIATE YOU CARING ABOUT ME... YOU ACTUALLY WANTED TO HELP ME. YOU ALMOST RISKED YOUR LIFE TO SAVE MY OWN. T-THANK YOU..." I look down at my crossed legs. My feet play with the sheets on the water bed. I feel guilt. Regret.

"Karkat..." Dave starts.

"YOU'RE SO NICE TO ME."

"Karkat..." his tone get a bit more serious.

 "I DON'T GET IT."

"Karkat."

" I DON'T DESERVE YOU."

"Karkat."

"I-I'M SO SORRY..."

"Karkat. Dude."

" I PUT YOU IN DANGER." 

"God dammit Karkat come here."

"I-," Dave lifts my chin with his fingers and leans in. The space between our lips closes. Woah. Holy shit. A-Am I dreaming? I feel like time just stopped. Wait no I'm not. This is actually happening. I kiss back. He cups my face in his hands. My heart flutters. So this is what a kiss is. It feels amazing. I wish this could last forever. When we finally pull away from each other it's like the world unpauses. It wasn't Dave's magick though. Because John is freaking out and holding a picture.

"Finally!!! You finally kissed!!" My face heats up. Dave see's my blush and chuckles.

"Fuck yeah we did. And I would do it again and again." He wraps his arm around me.