The mood switches really fast

Become Karkat Vantas

Finished eating the pizza.

"Soooo. I call sleeping on the couch." Jade says.

"Me Too." Rose says.

"I'm sleeping in my bed it's cold down here."

"I want the water bed" Dave speaks

"WHAT?! NO?! I WANT THE WATER BED." I argue.

"Too bad." Dave counters

"NUH UH I'M TAKING THE WATER BED." I cross my arms. He turns away from me like some child. I stick out my tongue and turn away as well.

"There's no other place to sleep." John says. Dave and I both turn our heads to look at him. Shock on our faces. 

"I'D RATHER SLEEP ON THE FLOOR!" I glare at Dave from the corners of my vision.

"You still slept on me though." Dave turns to me and winks.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP." I growl.

"Listen. The airs gonna turn on soon. Either sleep on the cold floor or sleep on the giant water bed together."

"CAN'T YOU CONTROL THE AIR DUMBASS?!" I say to John. He smiles.

"Yes. But I'm too lazy. Besides. You've basically slept with him already so it shouldn't be a big deal." John says. You sick son of a bitch!!! I turn to John. My face burning with embarrassment and anger. Calm down... it's okay. It's just a few nights. Nothing big.

"UUUGGHHHH. FINE. FINE FINE FINE." I get up and grab a few blankets. I lay them on the floor.

"Oh shit Karkat you're gonna freeze." John says.

"BET." I say.

"Alright. If you so much as ask for a blanket or get another blanket during the night tonight. Then you have to sleep with Dave for the rest of the nights." John challenges.

"ALRIGHT. IF I DON'T THEN I GET THE WATER BED TO MYSELF."

"Deal!" I grab two more blankets and set them on the floor. Let the night begin.

Become John Egbert

I have the perfect plan. I'm gonna make the air really cold. Like. Cold cold. I'm not gonna be in my bed. I'll be blowing the breeze from above him. I can turn into air. Once Karkat loses I'll make it warmer. Bam. Done. I'll just wait a few minutes and go downstairs. I kinda feel bad that Dave didn't get much of a choice in this but... he wants this. Honestly. I stand in my room for a few minutes then blow. My body poofs into air. I glide down stairs through the floors. When I get down there I-. What is Dave doing?! I uhh... I guess my work here is done. I head back upstairs and go to sleep.

Become Dave Strider

Okay I feel bad for Karkat. He can just have the water bed. He's already passed out but his whole body is shaking. I pick him up and place him on the water bed. His body slows down on the shaking. I pull the covers over him. I sigh. Now to sleep. On the floor. This is just perfect... at least he's warm. The floor is like ice on my feet. I lay down on the blankets. This was the best that could be done.

Become Karkat Vantas

I wake up to warmth. It's dark. Only a little light. But... hold on. This is not the floor I-. Did Dave really-...? Why? I kinda don't deserve it. I get up silently and grab a blanket off the water bed. I place it on top of Dave. The water bed moves as I sit down on it. I look at him. Why would he do this? I'm an asshole to him. I'm an asshole to everyone. I don't get it. I really don't. I kneel down next to him. I wish he'd find someone better than me... he deserves better.

"Sorry I'm such an asshole... I don't understand why you care about me. I think I should go. You've been so nice to me. So charming and kind. You deserve better. Again... I'm sorry." I lift his hair and plant a kiss on his forehead. Thank you. I grab my phone and run upstairs. I'm leaving. I don't know why. Just this weight. This weight of my life. I could open the door and run out. Out where? I don't know. Some old memories hit me. I don't talk about my past a lot. I don't have a good one. 

At age 6 my dad began abusing me and my brother. If we missed school, got bad grades, did anything that included someone being worried for us, he'd hurt us. He left a few years ago. Just left. Kankri and I don't talk a lot. My mom has been dead. She loved Kankri. When I was born she died giving birth to me. My dad blamed me. I don't want to feel unloved. But I am. Holy shit. What am I saying?! Why has depression finally kicked in now?? No... you're okay. Right? I don't know. C'mon. Breathe. Breathe! No no no. Don't cry. Why am I crying?! Shhh. Shush. They'll hear you. I go to open the door.

Dave Strider

Where is Karkat? He was just there. Wha-... this blanket wasn't here. I search around. No. I go upstairs. There he is. Opening the door.

"Karkat..?" He see's me and runs outside. What is he doing. I run after him.

"Karkat what are you doing?!" I keep chasing after him. Where is he going?! An intersection is coming up. C'mon. I flash step forward. C'mon c'mon. You're so tiny but so fast. The traffic lights shine in the distance. Fuck. Please be careful. He runs straight for it. Green fills my vision as he jumps forward. No stop!! 

~

I-... what's going on?? I stopped time. Fuck I almost forgot about that. I run out and grab him. I only have a few seconds I flash step around to the side walk. Why did he do that?! Why?? Fuck get back to the house. I slow down time around us. C'mon just gooo. I reach the house. Just like nothing happened. I place him down on the water bed. This time I lay down with him. The hell was he thinking?! I grab the blanket from the floor and place it back on the water bed. I wrap my arms and legs around him. Annnd...

~

(If you think this is unrealistic and all... I've had a mental breakdown similar to Karkat's in this story. Some people have very intense emotions that shouldn't be cast aside.)

His eyes flutter open. He shifts very quickly. Tears stream down his face. He lets out broken sobs.

"Let me go... please... I was so close. Let me go..." he struggles.

"Shhh shhh. Calm down. Karkat it's gonna be okay... I got you... I'm not letting you go... shhh."  I reassure him. Or try to. His struggles slow. I pet his head.

"Go to sleep for now... it'll be better tomorrow..." I pity him. But I also empathize  with him. The best he can do is sleep. His breathing slows too. I hum a melody to him as he drifts off. I can only hope this passes soon.