Boy oh boy.

Karkat Vantas

I wake up in warmth. But uhh. This is John's house?? Why do I know this? Because John is leaning on the wall across from where I'm laying. He taps his foot impatiently.

"Dave brought you here... he was waiting for you to wake up... you were out for 3 days. 3 fucking days. I thought you were dead." John says. He sounds really worried. Who wouldn't be? I was out for 3 days. Holy shit man. What's happening to me?!

"W-WHA..." 

"Dave and I were worried sick! We checked in on you everyday. Your wounds never healed. You were just... limp. We tried waking you up for food. Nothing. No response." Oh my god... I go to stand up. But my legs are shaky and I stumble forward.

"You're weak. That's why you can't stand jackass." What the?? Why? I just woke up I don't need attitude. Why is he treating me like this?! It's not like I tried to sleep for 3 days. I-.

I'm awake again. So I was dreaming.

"Karkat..?" Dave's voice and passing cars is all I hear.

"Karkat?! Wake up dude. Ple-. Oh thank fuck." He pulls me into a hug.

"You scared the shit out of me." I'm so confused right now. I hug back slowly. Hehe what...? 

"DAVE..."

"I swear that kid is gonna get it."

"DAVE."

"When I see him again."

"DAVE. PLEASE."

"I'll make him wish he never see's the light of day again."

"DAVE!"

"What?!"

"SHUSH!! I'M FINE." Dave pauses for a second to think over what he said. His cheeks turn pink. 

"Heheh sorry I guess I got carried away." He scratches the back of his head.

"Uhhmm how are your wounds holding up? Have you been able to access your magick?" He gestures to my bandages. 

"I THINK I NEED SOMETHING TO TURN IT ON. LIKE A LIGHT SWITCH. SOMETHING HAS TO TURN IT ON. SOMETHINGS GOTTA ACCESS IT. I DON'T KNOW. IT FEELS TRAPPED."

"Oh. Uhhh okay.  I don't know exactly how to fix that.... do you want my ice cream?"

"O-OH. YEAH SURE." He hands me his ice cream. We walk back to his car and hop in. He drives to his house. Not his families... his own house. He bought one. It's fucking huge. Like huge, huge.

"Welcome to my house. It's quiet. It's lonely. It's big. I don't know how to feel about it." He laughs nervously.

"YOU CAN ALWAYS ASK JOHN AND I TO MOVE IN WITH YOU. WE WON'T MIND." I suggest. Dave looks up and sighs.

"Sounds like a plan. I hate how empty this huge ass house is. But there's only two bedrooms."

"BET. YOU GOT A WATER BED??" Dave and I both burst out laughing. It's like an inside joke that never gets old.

"No I don't. Now I wish I did!!" We keep laughing until we actually can't.  

"I... I'LL CALL JOHN." I take out my phone and ring up John. 

—————

"Hey Karkat? Everything okay??"

"IT'S PERFECT"

"Penis clouds." Dave says behind me. I burst out laughing.

"Who was that? You've only laughed like that around... It sounds like... Dave?! Are you with Dave?!"