Chapter 21

Alexus' POV

"Thank you Mrs. and Mr. Caniff! It was wonderful!" I smiled walking out the door with Taylor close behind me.

"Your the luckiest boy alive! Your parents are just the sweetest!" I nudged his side with my elbow.

"Nah, you're the sweet one." He winked.

"Oh my gosh! Stop!" I blushed.

"Well looks like I better get you home before it gets too late." He smiled his cheesy smile once again.

"Sounds good!" I hopped into the passenger side of his car.

A short ride later we had arrived at my cozy little neighborhood.

"Well thanks for the ride Tay, without you I don't know what I'd do! So
I'll pick you up tomorrow morning for school?" I cheekily smiled, opening the door starting to get out.

"Sounds like a plan, I'm so glad I moved here, I missed my little bestie!" He joked.

With that he drove off and I went inside. Thankfully my mom and dad were here, but so was Bella... Ugh.

"What did you and jack do?" My dad greeted me from the kitchen.

"That wasn't jack, guess who moved here?" I said with excitement.

"Who?" Everyone said in unison.

"Taylor, Taylor from Australia!" I screeched.

"Oh my gosh! I haven't seen them in forever!" Bella coo'd.

I ignored Bella's comment until she would apologize.

"How's their family," my family questioned.

"Great as ever!" I replied before skipping up the stairs.

I got to the top when I was stopped by someone blocking my door.

"What do you want Bella..." I murmured.

"Can we please just talk..?" She basically begged, I could hear the desperation in her voice.

"Fine, speak." I said bluntly.

"I'm really sorry, I know I've been a bitch for like ever lately. I feel really bad about it, I got your car taken away and basically ditched you. I know I know you still hate me, but can we at least try to start new? I hate fighting with you. I really just need a true friend..." She confessed.

I did the most instinctive thing I knew how to, I through her into a enormous hug. You could say I'm a softy, I forgive too easily, it's great but a curse too.

"Yeah, it's fine, I accept your apology." I smiled giving her one last hug.

"Want to ride with Tay and I tomorrow to school?" I asked rubbing her back allowing her time to wipe her slight tears.

"Do you mind?" She let out a slight smile.

"Nope, we are leaving at 7, k." I said before hopping into the shower.

I got out decided I should probably charge my dead phone.

All the texts Jack sent me, still appeared and had said unread. Gosh, u feel guilty I should've charged it. I'll just text him back now.

To Gilinsky:
'Sorry, Jack, my phone had died. I just got your messages now. I'm fine! :)'

I checked my phone 20 minutes later, still no reply.

1 hour later, still no reply...

I started getting nervous when it hit 8 o'clock and he still didn't reply.

I'll just ring Matt and ask if he's seen him.

'Hey, Matt, have you heard from
Jack today?'

"Actually he's right here at my house!"

'Oh okay... Is he okay? Can you tell him I tried texting him..'

"He's perfectly fine, and will do, got to go. See ya."

Well that was awfully weird. Maybe he's just having some guy bonding?

I'll just talk to him tomorrow.

With that I fell asleep, preparing for Tay's first day of American High School.