Chapter 3- Youth and Darkness

Rayan's POV-

It was yet another Monday I spent at school and this empty house that reminded me of nothing but pain. The buzz of my phone got me back to reality and saw that my boss wanted to have a meeting about the new shipment of drugs coming in soon. I put on a navy blue hoodie, took my phone and keys and headed out. I turned to lock the door and saw the sad smile of Layla stare back at me.
I gave no expression and went towards my car.

For most of my childhood my sister and her had been the most important people in my life. Times change and so do relations. My sister moved to New York after school, I couldn't blame her. If I was in her place, I would do the same. But to clean up past mistakes and keep her  save I had to do this job, which meant I could never leave town. I remember in middle school when Layla stood up for me when some boys tried to break my bike.

She was my  best friend, but her life changed as well. Her father is such a piece of shit who has been  hitting and abusing her for years, but I never did anything about it...if I went to the police they would catch me for all the work I was doing which would put Rylee in danger. For years I saw from my window her getting beaten up by her father, but she never showed it and always had a smile on her face. Sometimes I wish life would have been better and I could save her from all of it. I sigh and stop the car having reached the warehouse.

Layla's POV- (mature/abusive part)

I just got done with work and was heading home. As I entered I saw my father standing in the hallway. "Where have u been and why haven't you made any dinner for me?" he asked, I was about to answer when he started walking towards me yelling "Answer me!!" and then came a slap across my left cheek. He pulled my hair back so I was looking right into his eyes. He then banged my head on the wall which caused me to fall down and pass out.

I woke up feeling a warm liquid run down my jaw. Picking up my bag and phone I went up to my room and  checked the time, it was 3 am. I looked at myself in the mirror and removed my dirty shirt to wipe of the blood flowing. After cleaning up I went in to my bathroom and washed my face. I stood there looking at myself in the mirror seeing the dark circles under my eyes, a red cheek and dull eyes staring at me. Changing into my PJ's I went towards my bed to see Rayan looking right at me from his window with a stone face, I turned off the lights and went to sleep.

A/N
I really thought hard about the words to use in the abusive part, my brain really had to work to find the words. And finally Rayan's pov yass🎉,did u like him and his short background lmk...byee u😛😛