Chapter 8- The road and traffic lights

Rayan's POV-

The next day after school I went to meet my boss for some work. By the time I was done it was pretty late. While driving back home I saw Layla in the cafe she worked at. This was it.. my time to make a move.

I waited outside for her till she was done. The uniform she wore was a little to tight and when she bent down to clean the table I saw her cleavage peeking out teasing me. I could feel all the heat go down to my pants but choose to ignore it. This wasn't the time.

She was locking the door and turned around to walk away. "Hi gorgeous" I said to gain her attention. She stopped suddenly and turned around, her expression was priceless. She stood there for a minute just staring at me.
"Layla" I called out but no response, I  tried again.. nothing. "Layla I called you three times baby" I said louder. She blinked a couple of times and asked "What do you want?"
I smirked "Come for a drive with me". She laughed... Oh how I missed that sound. "Why?"
I took a step closer so I was towering her "Because I know you want to" making sure my breath was hitting her cheekbone. She shivered and looked down blushing. She was the perfect mix of hot and cute."Okay" she said and walked towards the car. Smiling I got into the car and drove to my favourite spot in town.

Layla's POV-

What was I thinking? How could I agree to something like this. Years of not talking to each other, being strangers and all he had to do was ask once and here I am sitting in his car. It smelled of him. The perfect mix off his cologne with a hint of chocolate, god I loved it.I loved him. When we were younger I always though we would end up together, but now I don't know what the future holds.
"So Layla are you with someone?" I looked him with an eyebrow raised. Should I tell him that Andrew and I went out and stuff? But it's not like we are in a relationship, we had left things open and decided not to keep labels. I was glad he did not rush into stuff so fast. "I went on a date with a friend but we are not together" I saw him sigh in relief not understanding why.

Rayan's POV-

Hearing her say that I felt a weight lift off my shoulders. If she was with him I would have to think twice before making a move. I remember when Rylee was with this one guy who cheated on her and I had to go and beat the fuck out of him. She  cried for 2 days after that. I could never do that to someone else. But since she was not with him I could make her mine again. I turned to look at her, she was looking up at the sky through the window. God this girl was something else.

"We are here" I said and she got out of the car. I placed my hand on her back to guide her to the spot I had grown to love over the years. She stopped and grasped "Wow" she said and smiled. I think I was falling for her all over again.

A/N
Hey humans
Another chapter for u.. next one will be fun😉 how r u liking the story so far?? I will be taking a break after a couple of days cuz my exams will be on but will update when ever I get time.
Byee u🎶🎶