Fifteen

Calum smiles as the rehearsal space door opens, his favorite honey haired girl walking in. Sarah hurries over to greet her while the band finishes playing through the song they are rehearsing.

"Take five, guys. We all know Cal wants it." Michael laughs as the song ends, Calum's bass already over his head and being set aside.

"You made it!" He grins, pulling Tilly into a tight hug, breathing deep as he relaxes.

"I told you I would. I'm leaving tomorrow remember? I wanted to come see you again before my ridiculously early flight."

"Where are you off to tomorrow?"

"I have a project with Yellowstone Park to complete over the next few weeks, then off to Paris to spend my birthday with El."

"Wait. When is your birthday?" He frowns.

"June 16th."

"Hey, Ash." He turns his head to find the drummer.

"What?"

"What night is our Paris concert?"

"June 16th." Ashton calls back after looking through his phone.

"So, do I get to see you in Paris for your birthday then." Calum grins, tucking a lose strand of Tilly's hair out of her face.

"I think I'd like that." Tilly nods, biting back a giant smile.

"I think I would too. Is your sister a fan of my band?"

"I don't know. But she likes music, so if her boyfriend doesn't have plans for them that night I'll let you know."

"Good. But at least one pass is going to be ready for you. I like knowing when I'll get to see you again, I like knowing it's only about six weeks again."

"I like that too. Hey, I heard that interview you guys did with Nick Grimshaw a couple days ago."

"Did I answer alright. I wasn't quite sure how to address it when you and I came up. We aren't in a defined relationship yet, but saying we weren't together seemed wrong too."

"You were fine. I promise. I actually wanted to say thank you."

"Thank you?" His eyebrows raise in surprise.

"For defending me, for saying there is so much more to me than my nonexistant relationship with my parents and the fact that T died. That I'm not just the bad things that have happened to me."

"AG, I was just being honest, I hope you know that."

"It was still really nice to hear. And it meant a lot to me." She surprises him by leaning up to peck his lips softly.

"Owe owe!" Luke's voice comes from behind him, instinctively Calum lifts his hand, showing his middle finger to the room, making Tilly laugh.

"I'm glad I didn't say too much, or the wrong thing." Calum smiles back at Tilly as he refocuses on her beautiful eyes.

"It was perfect. Now go finish rehearsals so we can do something together before I have to head back to the states."

"Stay and watch?"

"I wasn't planning on leaving here without you." She nods.

"Good." He pecks her lips again before letting her go so he can get back to rehearsals.

Tilly sits herself down on a chair, excited to see the band rehearsing live. Since getting to know Calum her playlists have become heavily saturated with his bands songs, and she is more than just a fan. She finds herself playing through their music more often than other playlists she used to play regularly, T's music for one. And the change in her music preference has been the first thing that really feels all right without any hesitation since starting to move on in life. But the man with the sparkly bass standing a few meters in front of her; he is definitley starting to feel really, really right. And that is almost not scary anymore...