Twenty-Five

To: Band Boy
From: Animal Girl

How is it possible that a place I had never stepped foot in before feels more like home than any part of the city I grew up in?

How is it that after ten minutes of conversation with your roommate I feel as if I truly can make myself at home in this house, even without you here?

How is it that your dog has already claimed me, and won't leave my side for a moment? (not that I want him to)

How is it I felt so completely comfortable in using your shower and your closet to supply my outfit for my first evening here?

Thank you, Calum. This bed is so soft, so warm and safe. It feels like I'm being swallowed in your hugs while you're still half a world away.

Everything smells like you in this room, and I like that. I like that I can see your personality and touch in every part of the house, the way things are organized similar to the way you organize your life on tour, but in a more perminant way. The fact that you have a small wine cellar in your basement, that's the most you thing I could think of. Except maybe the room dedicated to your music and guitars. All of which are beautiful. I'm sure the ones you have with you make the collection even more impressive.

I love that when I walked into your room it just seemed to emulate you. The clean lines and charcoal and white colors. But then I laughed as I pulled back the plain grey duvet to find the sheets are white and have puppies on them.

That is so you. So perfectly representing the clean cut professional person you are on the outside. But also, the fun loving, playful Calum your closest friends get to see and know.

I'm so glad I'm here, in your room, in your house. I'm where I feel safest in the world, except your actual arms.

Thank you for opening your home and heart to me, band boy. I love being in both.

Crystal is planning out some fun stuff for us to do while we wait for all of you to get back to town. Dinner, a girls night with some of her friends, movie night I think was mentioned. She has me all taken care of, don't worry about that. She'd be a fantastic mom, nothing like mine. She is so amazing and just wants to make sure everyone is safe and feels loved. And I love that about her.

I'm in LA, relaxed in your bed, and waiting patiently for you to join me here.

I love you.

Tilly, your animal girl

To: Animal Girl
From: Band Boy

I'm so glad you feel that way at my house, AG. That's what a home should feel like. And my home is your home so long as you want it to be.

Roy called me this morning. He really likes having you around. Says Duke is finally leaving him alone for two seconds so he can work on his own music and life. So thanks for distracting the dog.

And of course Duke loves you, you're an animal enthusiast and the greatest person I've ever met. He can sense all of that, and that is why he wants to be your best friend.

We play in the Neatherlands tonight. Then only one more show and a long ass flight until I'll be home. But I think we land late, like 1am in LA. So don't feel like you have to be awake when I get home. I'll come find you in bed and cuddle in with you.

Have the best week with Crystal. You're right, she will be an amazing mom someday. She already is the best "mom friend" any of us have. Well, her and Sierra, they just know how to take care of their people. I'm so glad you are getting to experience the Crystal treatment, it's the best when you're feeling down.