Chapter three

Chapter three

Kagome stretched and sighed. Class could not go any slower than it already was. A sigh passed through her lips as he thought about everything that was going on.

She was finally getting away from her neighbor, Bankotsu the ladies man. He has kept her up every night since she moved in earlier that semester. Now she was going to check out an apartment that she could possibly be living in soon. Maybe she'll finally get away from all the noise.

The bell signaling the end of the period. She stood and started walking towards the exit, after she grabbed her school bag and adjusted it over her shoulder.

"Kagome!" Her professor called.

Kagome turned and looked at the elderly male. "Yes professor Totosai?"

Totosai eyed his treasured student, he enjoyed Kagome's politeness and determination. He also liked the fact she was prompt and always gave the best she could.  "You forgot to take your graded paper, yesterday." Totosai said holding the rainbow colored presentation portfolio that contained her finished assignment.

"Oh. I'm sorry professor Totosai, I forgot." Kagome said grasping the portfolio. She opened the folder and glanced at her grade.

On a small slip, was the completed rubric. On it was a bright red 'A+'. Kagome's eyes widened at the sight. She never thought that she would get an 'A+' maybe just an 'A' or something of the like.

Kagome smiled brightly and gave her professor a hug. "Oh thank you, thank you, thank you, this makes me so happy!" She said squeezing the elder male.

"No need to thank me, Kagome. For it was your hard work that earned you that grade." Totosai said lightly tapping her back.

"Well thank you anyway." Kagome said releasing the man.

Totosai smiled at her and walked behind his desk, sitting in his rolling chair. He threaded his old wrinkly fingers together, intertwining them.. "Well Kagome, I believe we are done here. Have a nice day, young one."

Kagome nodded towards her professor and left, making sure she still held her satisfying grade. She walked towards her dorm room to drop off her things and grab her keys.

(Interval)

Kagome walked down the hall towards her room, dodging the rushing people going throughout it.

She reached her door and opened it, quickly shutting it behind her. She threw her things on her bed, and sat for a second, taking a breath.

There was a knock at her door, and she glanced at the clock on her desk. "Who is it?" She called still looking at the clock that read 12:15 P.M.

"It's us!" Sango shouted through the door, her voice slightly muffled by it.

"Come in." Kagome said now looking at the door.

Sango turned the knob and entered  Shippo, Ayame, and Rin followed.

"Hey Kagome, we didn't see you at the lunch counter where we usually meet so...we figured you were here and came to see you." Sango said moving Kagome's things onto the floor before sitting on the bed.

"Yeah, sorry I wasn't there, I just needed a breather. Everything has been going so...so fast." Kagome said leaning an elbow on her desk, looking at all four of her friends.

"It's cool Kagome, now tell us how the house hunting went!" Ayame practically shouted she was still standing, while Rin and Shippo settled on the bed with Sango.

"What are you talking about? Kagome are you leaving the school? Are you getting a job? Oh gosh Kagome are you leaving because you're pregnant and you're going to start a family with your secret lover?" Rin asked her eyes wide.