The Christmas Spirit

(Now, I know its not even Thanksgiving yet, but just hear me out)

I remember when I was younger always anticipating Christmas. The joy of presents and snow, and all that other stuff. Now, not so much.

I feel as though the joy has now gone away from me, and I don't know why, but I just don't care anymore, and its not cause "I'm growing out of it," and "I'm older now", (cause trust me, I know a few other people who are older than me who act the same as 6 year olds during the Christmas season) and I dont know why.

Literally, my mom asked me and my older sis to write our christmas lists, and she wrote all this stuff like clothes, and games, and all these things.

I literally put down this:

- Money (to buy my own stuff)

- New alto saxophone reeds

- Let me dye my hair (even though my mom has already told me no about a million times).

And after showing this list to my mother, she just looked at me and frowned, saying I was gonna get nothing for Christmas with this list, just the reeds. Which confused me, cause don't parents want to spend as little money as possible during Christmas?

So yeah. Christmas is just another day now, which sucks. What happened to my Christmas spirit?