สิบสอง

'the gates of hell, jin thought irritably. he stood in front of the largely-built gates, 15 feet tall specifically, clutching onto the red straps of his backpack. this was the second time he had been early for school. after making an oath to come in early every weekday, he straight-away failed to follow his oath right after the first day of coming in early. when he did his revision. when he saw jungkook. when taehyung asked him out. he shivered at the thought of one of those things. like ice speeding down the back of his spine. it was chilling. he knew that he liked being around jungkook, and he knew that even though the revision was unfairly hard on his part, he had done it. but that taehyung...

walking past the entrance gate, following the outline of the building behind the gates, he looked to his left and saw the astro-court empty. no jungkook yet. taking a right, he saw the advanced opening of the library doors and quickened his pace. entering, jin marched to the same spot he sat weeks ago. he settled to putting his backpack on the table, unravelling it and placing his book down. turning to the page he left off, he started reading. his eyes flickered to the astro-court, still seeing only the fake grass layered for hundreds of meters. he flickered and glance over to the court several times before turning over the page once in ten minutes. glancing over again, he saw through the glass a bobbing head jogging to the field. out of instinct, seokjin stood up, about to pack up his things and run out the down to him, but he stopped himself. no, he thought, let him practice for a bit. that's what jungkook came for anyways. checking the time, seeing 7:58 on his watch, seokjin promised himself that he'd go over to jungkook in two- no, one minute. and so he did. seokjin waited for the clock to turn to eight, reading a little more to pass the time. in a matter of seconds, the handle pointed to eight, seokjin decided to not pack his equipment and essentials up, figuring he'd be back after talking with jungkook.

taking long, casual strides to court, rattling the gate open which caught jungkooks attention, jin made his way to the geared-up jungkook with his hands in his blazer pockets. a wide smile reached the youngers lips, seokjins lips dittoing. 

"you're here early," greeted jungkook, fiddling with his football with his feet.

"well, i promised myself ill try to be more of a sweat at school to get better grades, apart from english, i don't care about that," jungkook chuckled airily and nodded in agreement.

"you don't need to try to be 'more of a sweat'," air quoted jungkook, "you're already smart," jungkook looked away from seokjins eyes.

placing his left hand over his heart, seokjin gasped dramatically, "you're too kind."

jungkook laughed, covering his mouth with his hands in embarrassment.

"anyway," continued jin, "can i have your number?"

the youngers eyes lightened up, his posture straightened as he awkwardly nodded, "y-yeah, of course."

he told jin his number.

"wait, let me get out my phone real quick," hastily pulling out his phone from within his inside blazer pocket, seokjin opened his phone and asked to repeat jungkooks number, which jungkook obliged to.

"you're calling be bunny?" side-eyed jungkook at the others phone screen.

"yeah? do you not want me to?" seokjin said gently.

"no it's just..." jungkook paused to think of the right word, "nice."

seokjin smiled weakly, "that's cute."

he gave jungkook a ring so jungkook could automatically have his number as well, saying their goodbyes as seokjin ran off back to the library.

settling against the window, seokjin re-opened his book to where he left off and read peacefully. he turned a couple of pages and was going to finish off the chapter when the chair next to him squeaked. looking next to him, was taehyung.