สิบห้า

"oi, jungkook," seokjin arose his voice above the many other students babbling in the wide hallway. he saw the sun kiss jungkook from the large, square windows, tinting his hair to a mocha brown than its usual ebony, dark tone. as the said boy heard his name he turned, the sunlight catching his eyes into a rich amber shade. jostling through the crowd of students, jungkook came towards him, his bunny features clear as day.

"morning to you too," said jungkook.

"what do you have first?" asked seokjin, locking his locker as they began to walk outside the building. the sun may have been exposed, but the cold was unforgivable; a million set of hands pitched seokjins bare skin, an instant rose blooming to his cheeks, nose and ears. stifling a cough, the boy felt a cold riling inside himself.

"uh, history, im pretty sure," replied jungkook, pulling out his time table to double check, "yeah it is."

humming, the taller replied, "i wish we had more classes together other than maths..."

exasperated, jungkook nodded his head animatedly, making jin laugh airily, "no, you don't even understand! i have close to no classes with my friends. i barely have any but thats besides the point."

"stop being so edgy," joked jin as they entered into the humanities building.

"what do you have then?" parroted jungkook.

"geography," said seokjin.

"huh... so you have the most boring class?"

"well," seokjin thought for a second, "i dont particularly like geography, but i dont find it hard. in fact, id say that im quite a sweat at it even though yiyeon sits behind me and she always talks during classes."

nodding understandably, jungkook stopped as they had reached the stairs to the second floor.

"bye then," and all too soon jungkook walked away, conjoining into the black and red uniformed crowd.

a frown found itself perched on top of seokjins mouth, like it was mirroring how he suddenly felt internally empty; alone. even with all the people just like him swarming to their first classes, without jungkook he felt... mellow and grey.

the crowd had decreased rapidly now that the bell had rung, seokjin hesitantly walked up the stairs. a turn to the left and walking solemnly through the hall, he saw mrs rhim stand in the classrooms doorway, her arms crossed and an indulgent smile on her face. her eyes said a different story as seokjin was much closer; a forbidding glare.

"youre late." she spat sourly, her smile barely visible, waiting for seokjins response but only resulting in him struggling to form a coherent sentence, all of a sudden he felt his throat itch and scratch, "a minute late. sit down."

her stern, stoic gaze never left seokjin as he made his way to his seat.

•••

seokjin munched down on his sandwich, sitting on their bench at lunch. he waited for everyone else to return. he couldn't help but think about how jungkook looked that morning, how soft and friendly his whole attire looked. pink and fluffy; his cheeks. meltingly warm; his eyes.

being taken out of his trance, dahyun came into seokjins view. her tray filled with sticky rice and plastic-looking kimchi. feeling a little better about bringing his own food, jin said hello; dahyun mirrored a reply but was muffled by the kimchi stuffed in her face.

"i dont understand how you can like the canteens food, its so vile," seokjin shuddered as dahyun ignored his words. another bite of his sandwich, unsatisfied with the bland ingredients in (only ham and butter), nahyun, jeongyeon, sooyoung, jisoo and yiyeon hastily sat down with their trays of food.