Back On Track

Its not that bad!' Ben said with a shrug as he took a sip of his coffee. 'She didn't see anything really.'

'She didn't have to! We might as well have had a sign on our heads that said hey we just had sex!'

Ben smirked and sipped his coffee, 'technically we didn't have sex....' He said unhelpfully.

Rey glared at him over her cappuccino which only served to make Ben laugh harder.

'Rey, there's really no reason for you to be embarrassed, we're both adults we didn't do anything wrong. I could go as far as to argue that everything you did was right on the money.'

Rey smiled into her foam. 'Okay, you're right. I'm going to move on now! I still can't believe you're here. How long do I get to keep you?'

'A few days, I have to prepare for an event at the end of the week. Some charity gala the university is insisting I attend.' Ben said rolling his eyes.

'Ooooh, sounds great!' Rey said enthusiastically.

'Well, I was going to ask... I mean if you wanted to....'

'Are you asking me to go with you?' Rey prompted.

'Erm, yes. Do you want to?'

'Yes! Oh my god! This is going to be amazing. I've never been to a fancy party before!'

'Its really not that great, but there will be food and a band but its black tie.' He said apologetically.

Rey's eyes widened, 'Not only have you invited me to a glittering party, you've given me a reason to shop, just when I thought I couldn't love you more....'

Ben smiled, 'I could help you pick out a dress if you want?'

'Really? You wouldn't find that too boring?'

'Staring at my hot girlfriend's body while she tries on different outfits? I think I'll live. I would like to put in a request for something tight though.'

'Duly noted perv.' Rey said with a wink.

Their food arrived and they ate happily discussing their plans for the rest of the week.

'Are you going to reprimand me if I suggest I skip a few classes?' Rey asked.

'I should, but maybe I can make an exception this once.' He said with a raise of his eyebrow.

'God, you have the stern teacher bit down. I don't know how your reviews where anything other than where can I get me one of those?'

'Ha! I think you're the exception rather than the rule when it comes to me Rey.'

'And I think you're just in denial about your own hotness Ben.' She said pointing a French fry at him.

'Yeah well, I'm only interested in you.'

Rey smiled at that and her heart skipped a beat.

Outside the restaurant Ben took out his phone,

'What do you want to do about the erm....sleeping arrangements? should I call you a taxi?' Ben asked.

Rey took out her own phone and called her mom, 'Mom I'm sleeping out tonight. I'll see you tomorrow. Maybe.' She hung up and took Bens' hand, 'Come on let's get a taxi to your hotel.'

When they arrived at the hotel, Rey let go of his hand and walked stiffly across the lobby. She didn't drop the act until they were safely in the lift.

'What was that about?' Ben asked.

'It was that same girl as last time on the desk! I'm just trying to make it clear that I'm not a prostitute.'