twenty-eight

It's been a little while since the fight with the newborns. A few things have happened since then; my sister is marrying Edward, Jacob disappeared, I've been hanging out with Embry. He's such a nice guy and he's my age, whereas Emmett is technically two years older than me. Oh, and Embry found out that I know he likes me.

Alice has been breaking Bella into her heels for the wedding, but it's not working. "Tomorrow will be perfect," I heard Alice say as I walked behind Emmett with a huge stump.

Emmett was holding a log. "We're do you want them, boss?" He asked.

"On either side of the aisle," Alice answered.

"What aisle?" I asked.

"Does no one have vision?" Alice shouted as she walked off the porch. She told us where she wanted us to set them down before going back to Bella.

***

"I still find it unbelievable that Bella and Edward are getting married," I said as Emmett and I walked into our house. "Wouldn't that technically make you my brother-in-law?" I asked, a smirk growing in my face. Emmett gave me a funny look.

"What is wrong with you?" He asked. I just laughed.

Emmett went to the bathroom to take a shower while I checked my phone. I haven't looked at it all day. I had a missed call from Embry. I called him and after two rings, he picked up.

"Are you ignoring me now?" His voice said from the other side. I chuckled.

"No," I said. "I was helping set up the wedding. You should come."

Embry sighed. "I don't know, Blake."

"Seth is coming," I stated. When Bella had invited Jacob and Billy, she invited Seth as well.

"Really?" Embry asked, surprised. "He didn't say anything about it."

"He probably doesn't want Sam to know," I suggested. "You know how he is." We were both silent for a moment before I asked the question everyone wanted the answer to. "Have you heard anything from him?"

Embry let out a long, exhausted sigh. "Nothing...we think he's along the Canadian border, but we've decided to just let him have his alone time; he needs it."

I bit my lip. "Ok...just tell me if you hear anything, ok?"

"Of course." Embry didn't say anything. I knew what he wanted to say.

"You can say it, Embry," I said.

He sighed. "How-- why do I like you, Blake? I'm not supposed to but yet I still do. We're sworn enemies and you have a boyfriend."

"Embry...even if we don't end up together, we'll always be friends. Maybe even best friends, ok?"

I could hear the smile in his voice when he answered. "Ok, cool." There's was talking in the background before Embry spoke again. "I gotta go. My mom hates when I stay up late. Talk to you later?"

"Yeah. Wait, quick question before you go. If I were to invite you to the wedding, would you come?"

Embry was silent for a moment. "If you invited me, I would."