Chapter 33

Shie Hassaikai's base,
Midnight...

Third Person's POV

"We won't let you sacrifice yourself!" Toya hollered defensively as he hugged Izuku in his arms. Rappa looked like he was ready to destroy the entire base with his large fists. He cracked a sinister smile on his face, eyes fixed on the man he always insulted.

"You touch Young Lady with your filthy hands and I won't hesitate to kill you for real, Overjerk!" Rappa roared, punching his fists together.

"You monster! You have gone overboard this time!!" Mimic was prepared to fight too. Tengai was about to use his Barrier when Hari stopped the two men.

"Mimic, Tengai, stay back. Let Overhaul handle this situation." Hari calmly told them, stopping the monk and plushie from going berserk. He shifted his gaze to Izuku. He looked down to the floor, thinking deeply of the two yakuzas' bold, daring actions.

'These two... Looks like Izuku had influenced them... Well, it wasn't a surprise. She tended to change people's lives after all...' Kai narrowed his golden eyes at his two sunordinates who were protecting Izuku.

"Setsuno-san.... Rappa-san... Why...?" Izuku spoke up at last, disbelief written on her face. None of them replied to her question, but from their protective aura, she could understand. They were trying to defend her from Kai.

This caused Izuku to shed tears. Crystal liquid pooled in her emerald eyes. "Why... Did you do so much...?" She croaked out, burying her face in Toya's chest. His warm hand ruffled her curly locks to comfort her.

"Setsuno! What is the meaning of this?!" Toya's good friend, Hojo, yelled at him furiously. He couldn't believe his friend just turned his back against the very man who saved them— Kai Chisaki.

"Sorry, Hojo... But this is my choice. And I don't regret it, even a little bit." Toya looked at Hojo with determined expression. The bald man sweated heavily. He was anxious— and mostly worried of the other man's safety.

Seeing them determined to sacrifice their lives to save Izuku from Kai's crazy plan moved Shin's heart. He felt frustrated with himself for staying quiet, doing nothing to protect her.

So the bawler hat-wearing man had come to a conclusion.

Shin slowly made his way toward Izuku's direction. His comrades stared at him confusedly, before the confusion tuned into shock. He stood beside Rappa, silently observing the other yakuza.

"Nemoto, not you too..." Tengai spoke up almost inaudibly. Shin hung his head low, clenching his fists firmly.

"So... What is your demand, Setsuno, Rappa, Nemoto? Defying my order...that is beyond my belief. I never expected, you two, Setsuno, Nemoto, of all people, would turn their back against me." Kai stated after a long moment of silence.

Toya chewed on his bottom lip shakily. "Young Master, you have done a lot to me. You gave me a new meaning to my life, by giving me a second chance to live properly. I couldn't repay your kindness. That is why I swore my loyalty to you. But... But..." He paused there. He raised his head up, staring at his boss nervously and strongly.

"But, I also swore my loyalty to Young Lady! You said it yourself, I have to protect Young Lady at all cost, even if it means i have to sacrifice my life! That is my duty as her bodyguard! So, if you ever try to harm her.... Then I will stop you! Although I will lose my life while fulfilling my duty." His speech brought tears in Izuku's eyes. The girl in his arms trembled violently.

"I respect your dream, Young Master. But I won't let you hurt Young Lady Izuku or Young Lady Eri again!" He ended his statement there, hugging Izuku tighter. 'I don't want to see you suffering... But the truth is... I don't want you to hate me. It pain me when I saw that hurtful look on your face... So I don't want to disappoint you again. I don't want to repeat the same mistake. I will protect you. I won't lie to you. I will be honest. I swear...' He thought, his warm hand caressing her curly locks.

'If saving Young Lady Eri can make you happy and smile again... Then... I'm willing to become a traitor for your sake...' Toya felt all warm inside when he hugged her.

"For once, I agree with them. Young Lady Izuku and Young Lady Eri didn't deserve to suffer. So... If you say you will still continue your plan, Young Master... Forgive me but I can't agree with you any more." Shin spelt out his inner thoughts too. Hearing his words, Toya and Rappa grinned at him.

Hari turned to look at his childhood friend. Deep down in his heart, he agreed with their words. But, since he didn't want to worsen the situation— or to be exact, enrage — he decided to result to silence.
"You ungrateful bastards... Stop this nonsense at once—"

"Mimic, shut up." Hari was getting annoyed with Mimic's endless screeching. He sent a glare at the plush. Mimic tch'ed at him and looked away.

Kai took a while to respond to their encouraging, strong, brave speech. His mind kept recalling his past memories that he created with Izuku. The laughters they shared, the smiles they shared... Everything flashed before his eyes.

His gaze landed on Izuku who was staring at him with sad expression written on her feature. She seemed to beg for his mercy, and it pained his heart. Surely, he didn't want to hurt the woman he loved.

Eri who was only watching was awed. In her innocent mind, she wondered how Izuku managed to win over the yakuzas' trust. To her, Izuku was amazing.

Rika was smirking in amusement, enjoying this drama presented in front of her. She even had a sack of popcorn to eat while watching them fighting over a single girl. "Want some?" She offered to the little girl some popcorn. Eri took some in perplexity. Where in the earth did she got the popcorns from??

"Kai..." Izuku murmured his name quietly. Kai slowly stepped closer toward Izuku. The three men were alerted by his sudden action.

Izuku untangled herself from Toya. "Young Lady? " He tilted his head slightly. She gave him a sad smile before turning to look at Kai back.

But before she could open her mouth to talk, Kai pulled Izuku into a tight hug. Her eyes widened in astonishment.

"You guys are idiot. At least, hear out my explanation first..." He spoke up huskily, eyebrows furrowed in sadness. He tightened the hug.

"Izuku, I will never accept your demand. If you really want me to stop, then I will. If it will make you happy. If it means you will forgive me... Then... I..." He whispered into her ear softly. His body was shaking lightly, unnoticeable.

Tears once again trickled down her reddened cheeks. Her cries started to echo in the entire room. She clutched on the back of Kai's coat desperately. She buried her face in his chest, crying her heart out.
Hari and the yakuzas stared at their leader in disbelief. However, Hari was relieved and happy. He smiled beneath his plague mask. 'You really have changed... No wonder you heal him... Before we went to save Izuku and Eri..." He mentally sighed in content.

Shin and Toya looked at each other, smiling happily. Rappa rubbed his hands together in satisfaction.

Rika chuckled heartily while hugging Eri who was still awed but confused with their conversation.

Izuku tightened the hug, the burden in her chest had lifted off from her heart. She was speechless, she was at loss of words... To describe how happy she was.

No more torture.

No more treating humans like trash

Today mark a new beginning for all of them.