-2-

Working on her laptop, Gabb connected to it checking the photos she took as soon as she arrived at the island. She sets down her cup of warm chocolate drink looking at the photos she took. She smiled as she saw Jaydee and Frances' photo that she took as the two are taking photos with their phones.

"Ganda ng mga pictures." She jumped a little when she heard someone spoke behind her. Turning around she was greeted by a huge smile from Ella.

"Salamat." She doesn't know why but she felt her cheeks heat up, probably because she was surprised by the latter's voice or because as soon as she looked behind, she met eyes with Ella. There is a few second silence so the short haired girl cleared her throat.

"Gusto mong tignan yung pictures?" She asked the latter who smiled widely. Gabb notices that Ella was wearing a white dress with yellow flowers adoring the dress which suits Ella, based on Gabb.

"Siguro mamaya nalang after mo kumain baka nakakaistorbo ako." With the thought of Ella leaving so soon she quickly shook her head.

"Hindi okay lang, hindi ka nakakaistorbo tsaka having someone to talk to is nice." She stated standing up so she can be with the same eye level with the latter.

"Tsaka baka pwede mo din akong sabayan sa pag kain, alam mo na to know you more?" Slowly the two smiled with Ella nodding her head.

"Since sobrang lonely mong tignan sasabayan kitang kumain." With that they both took their seats with Ella sitting just beside Gabb ordering her breakfast.

"So you mean kayo ang may ari ng resort na to?" She asked as they eat their breakfast. Wiping her lips, Ella shakes her head.

"Parents ko ang may ari." She said. "Tumutulong lang ako kaya ayun." She watched as Ella sips her drink. There is something with the latter that makes her so curious, wanting her to know Ella more.

"Swerte mo kasi araw araw ganito kagandang lugar ang nakikita mo." She leaned on her seat sighing. "Malayo sa stress ng city, just this beautiful place, beautiful calming sound of water and beautiful people." Her eyes landed to Ella who looked at her with a small smile.

"Mas maswerte ka." Ella softly spoke making Gabb to frown. "At least ikaw you have a choice to leave, may choice ka kung saan mo gusto mag punta." Ella let out a sigh her chin on her palm. "Ikaw you got to places, any places na gusto mo. Makakilala ng maraming tao at gawin yung gusto mo talaga." She just stared at Ella, her side profile that's very beautiful. She looked at her from her forehead, to her nose and her lips that she stared  a little too long. Clearing her throat she looked away before Ella caught her staring.

"Anyways gusto mo bang sumama samin nina Frances?" Ella asked breaking the silence watching as Gabb gathered her things. "Kung gusto mo lang naman."

"Sure, lagay ko lang sa room ko yung laptop ko."

"Ate Gabb!" Gabb smiled as she saw Jaydee and Frances waving at her. She settled with her shorts, a black tee and her sneakers with still her camera slinging around her neck. Grabbing it she turn in on.

"Okay smile." She aimed her camera to the two girls ready to take a photo but noticed Ella just standing on the side. "lapit kang konti Ella." She said, seeing no movement from the latter, Jaydee and Frances pulled Ella sandwiching her between them. "Smile." Ella smiled that also made Gabb to smile. She took couple of photos that she promised she will give them a copy after she edited it a little.

"Ilang taon ka ng photographer?" Ella asked as they walked beside each other with Jaydee and Frances leading the way again letting the two navigate around the small mall that the island have. It surprises Gabb that she saw fastfood chains around and a mall but the prices are a little higher since they needed to travel the products not only by land but also by sea but she finds it reasonable for them to raise the price a little.

"Professionally I would say about four years now." She answered tucking her hand on her pocket. "Pero habang nag aaral ako back in college nag raraket raket na ako as photographer." Ella nods tucking her hair behind her ear.

"So ikaw sa resorts ng parents mo ikaw nag tatrabaho?" She asked.

"Hmmm oo." The latter nods. "Di na kailangang lumayo pa, may income na ako, nakakatulong ako sa business ng parents ko at di pa ako nalalayo sa kanila."

"Yung pagbstay mo dito, pinakiusapan ka ba ng parents mo o ikaw lang mismo ang may gusto?" The short haired girl grabbed her camera aiming at Jaydee whose taking photos of Frances taking couple of photos of them.

"Choice ko siya." She answered with Gabb clueless about Ella staring at her. "Choice ko siya at meron kasing nag hohold back sakin to leave this place." With what she said made Gabb stopped on what she is doing. Slowly she put down her camera looking at Ella. "Siguro darating yung time na aalis din ako dito." Brushing her hair away from her face a smile slowly crept on her lips which unconsciously made Gabb to smile also. "Pero ngayon dito muna ako."

After their trip to the mall Ella invited Gabb over dinner which of course Gabb refused first but soon gave in since the two younger girls insisted with Jaydee saying how Ella's mother cooks so well.

Gabb looked at the clothes scattered on her bed. She doesn't know why but she feels like she needed to dress well as she's going to meet Ella's family joining them for dinner.

"Anong susuotin ko?" She asked sighing, she picks up her grey shirt putting it under chin looking at herself in front of her mirror and her black jeans. "Okay na siguro to. Dinner lang naman with my new friends." She checked herself for couple of seconds before nodding at her reflection.

She smiled as she saw Ella at the lounge of the resorts her arms crossed above her chest, her back leaning against the couch where she is sitting still sporting now another plain white dress.

"Masyado ba akong matagal?" She asked her smile widens as Ella looked at her.

"Hindi naman." The latter said standing up. "Tara?"

"Tara." Ella led Gabb towards the back of the resort revealing a house, not that huge but it was two storey building. "Bahay niyo?" She asked gesturing her hand to the house earning a nod from Ella.

"Welcome sa munting bahay namin." As Ella opened the door she stepped aside as she enters the house letting Gabb in. She digs the interior of the home. It was comfy and she felt at home just by staying there even only for couple of seconds. She liked how the windows are open letting the night breeze in.

"Ma, Pa nandito na yung bisita ko." Ella announced as they enters the dining room. Skribikin saw the couple stood up smiling at her widely, Jaydee and Frances waved at her.

"Magandang gabi po." She offered her hand for a handshake for the couple but instead of shaking her hand, Ella's mother pulled her for a hug which she returned.

"Welcome sa bahay namin. Umupo kana anak at kakain na tayo." Ella's mother said giving her hand a squeeze. A warm feeling inside her belly, she suddenly missed how her parents used to be so warm at her just like what Ella's parents are treating her.