Chapter 1

I quickly threw my shoes on and ran out the door. It was 7:00 a.m. so I had a lot of time to get to class. I ran to my clean, royal blue bike and swung my right leg over to the other side.

You're probably wondering why I'm in such a hurry when I have a lot of time until class starts. Well the only reason I want to get there early is because I have a gift for my best friend, Alan. It's his birthday today and I wanted to see him as soon as possible. I grabbed the white bag with pink and red balloons tightly and began to pedal to the school as quickly as I could.

It took about five minutes to get to the school. I ran into the big, two story brick building and looked around. The lockers were only a couple of feet away. To my right was my history class and the room to my left was my English class.

There he was. His brown hair was combed nicely to the side with the front of his hair in front of his forehead. It was kind of levitating a little bit which was pretty hot. He had a smooth face with a nice jawline and adorable little, but very few, freckles on his cheeks. His beautiful light blue eyes were fixed on the lock on his locker. He had light skin with a tiny bit of freckles on his arms.

"Alan!" I called out as I ran over to him with a big smile on my face. He turned around and smiled his usual attractive smile.

"Hey, Angel." He said as I stopped in front of him with the bag in my hand. He looked at me for a while as I took the time to catch my breath.

"You're really out of shape aren't you?" He teased. I could feel my face get red with embarrassment.

"No! I-I just ran and rode my bike here as quickly as I could." I replied. He chuckled and shook his head.

"Sure." He said, smiling. I crossed my arms and tried not to laugh. He smiled at me for a little bit and then looked down at the gift in my right hand.

"What's that?" He asked, curiously. I looked down at the forgotten present in my hand and stood up straight.

"Happy birthday!" I said as I held out the gift to him. He looked a little surprised. He then smiled and took the gift.

"Thanks Angel." He said, smiling at me warmly. I felt my face heat up a little bit and I smiled brightly.

"You're welcome." I said happily as I tucked my short, dark brown hair behind my right ear. He opened the gift and pulled out a black shirt with a gold and black watch under it. He looked at the watch with a big smile on his face. He looked down at me in shock.

"Do you like it?" I asked him. He then put the watch on and nodded.

"Yes I do. Thanks shortie." He smirked. My smile turned into a little frown and I punched his arm. He laughed as he tried to block himself from my hits.

"I'm not short." I huffed. He shrugged and looked at me.

"I'm pretty sure five feet is short." He said, chuckling. I crossed my arms and felt my face get warmer and warmer by the second.

"I'm 5'1"." I corrected him. He shook his head and smiled his adorable smile.

"Sure." He said. I chuckled and he put the black shirt back into the bag and put it in his locker.

"Well I guess I'll see you in class." I said as I pushed my dark blue glasses farther up the bridge of my nose. He nodded and I walked towards my locker.

If you couldn't already tell by my actions and my dumb reactions and stuff, I like him. Yep, I'm in love with one of my best friend. How fun. I've liked him since fifth grade and he has made me feel this way ever since fifth grade. Yeah, it's a long time.

I looked over at him and watched him close his locker and head to class. I sighed, grabbed my history books, closed my locker, and walked to my boring history class.