one

September 17th 2019

"Mrs. Dawson, would you like to share your thoughts with the class?"

I quickly look up from my phone, hidden under my desk. My teacher, Mr. Tanner is standing right by my desk. His eyes smile at me, but his face shows seriousness. "I wasn't listening. I'm sorry." I say with a cocky tone. He sighs, pointing his finger at me. "You stay behind after class."

I look down at my phone again. He responded.

dom - r u still there?

sorry, i got caught by Tanner - me

dom - damn that sucks
dom - r u guys still involved or sumn?

well, yeah. kind of. i don't know tbh. all we do is fuck around and it's not going anywhere - me

dom - you do know that you could be expelled
and he could lose his job, right?

I sighed, turned off my phone and put it in my skirt pocket. Deep down I knew Dominic was telling the truth. I never should've gotten with Tanner in the first place, but I was drunk and he was chaperoning the dance. Besides - he'll go to the board and tell them that I'd been drinking that night, and I'd get expelled for that reason only. So you could call it blackmailing. I just didn't tell anyone that. I'd rather say that I agree to what he does to me, than admit I don't do this willingly. I recall it wasn't with a pleasant smile i let him inside me that night.

Dominic is a musician. A rather famous one, to be honest. He makes songs under the alias YUNGBLUD. They're all so meaningful and special to me. They're honestly the only thing I ever listen to. We've been texting for almost a year now, so we've been friends for a long time. I consider him my best friend, and I love him a lot. He's like a big brother to me.

While I sat and pondered over both Dominic's texts and our friendship, the bell rung.

I sat still on my chair, while i watched my classmates wander out of class, into freedom. Oh how i'd love that right about now. Mr. Tanner shut the door and locked it behind the last student. Shit. Poker face. I hoped this wouldn't take long, because I had to go home and practice for my "show" on friday. It was a small thing the major had asked me to do, because apparently they had renovated the park. They needed somebody to sing, so when he asked me, I stepped up.

My phone vibrated in my pocket again.

dom - hartley are you there?
dom - you've never ignored me before
dom - like... never.

aren't you busy with touring or something? - me

I just turned off my phone yet again and started to shake as Tanner approached me. "So, Hartley. Why did you not listen in class?" He asked and put his hand on my thigh. "Aaron, no. Please no." I pleaded and yanked my chair backwards, leaving me more space to get up and leave. He grabbed my face and squished it.

"You don't get to decide when we stop. Do you remember what happened a month ago? How would the principal take it if he found out you were drunk at the dance, huh? Such a loss for this prestigious school, to lose such a bright student because of one nights stupidity, don't you think?" He asked me as he squat down between my legs and started kissing them.

Beforehand, I didn't know the feeling that was roaming inside my body. Yet now, I did; I was scared of him. In my head, it was hard to imagine tough little Hartley Dawson being scared. However now was entirely different.

A tear trickled down my face. He had left me on the floor entirely naked and shaking, behind the tables and chairs in the back row. Right now, I only know one person that I could call. And that person was Dominic. But what he could do about it was another situation. I was here in America and he was somewhere in the world, touring. And how would I tell him the truth about Tanner and I? And how could I face him for the first time in this terrible scrape I was in?

It felt like forever, when I finally got a hold of my phone in my skirt pocket. I opened it, found Dom's contact info and pressed the call button. It kept ringing and ringing, until it stopped.

"Hello?" A rather British voice said. I smiled at the sound of it. It hadn't hit me, what had happened to me yet, but when I struggled to find words to say to him - I broke down. "Hartley are you okay?" He asked with a pint of sincereness in his tone. I swallowed the small amount of pride I had left.

"Dominic, I've been raped."