six

dominics point of view

It had been a long couple of days here at the hospitals. The doctors were consistently up Hartley's ass with pregnancy tests, and she was more tired of it now than in the beginning.

"I swear to god Dominic, if I have to take another test, I'm gonna kill the staff first, and then myself." She moaned and sat up from her bed. I laughed at her. "Go easy on them, yeah? You're going home later today, remember?" It was 3 am and we were conversing in very little amounts of light. Her mom looked exhausted, so I sent her home with the comfort that I was gonna take very good care of her daughter. I had never seen her dad up here. As in, he wasn't here at all.

"Hart, where's your dad?" I asked and I heard her sigh. "Probably somewhere in Asia, I presume." She answered. I mumbled a quick "Oh", and let it be. It didn't really matter to me whether he was here or not, as long as I was here with Hartley, I was in the right place. My management was starting to get really tired of me. To be honest, they didn't even want me to be here in the first place. They didn't mean it was important. They said that, Hartley, the love of my actual fucking life, didn't matter. No wonder I freaked the fuck out when they said all that stuff. Of course, Adam and Michael totally agreed on me going here, and they were more than happy to get me where I was going.

A little more time passed where we were just talking. "Okay, but wait? Which version of Voulez Vous is better though? The ABBA version or the mamma mia movie version? On the count of three!" Hartley said and giggled.
"One,"
"two,"
"three!"
"The mamma mia version!" We both screamed and laughed hysterically afterwards. "Promise me that we go totally bollocks to that song one day." I sighed with a hint of tiredness. "You've got yourself a deal sir!" She laughed again and I could hear her laying down on her bed.

"Dominic?"

"Yeah?" I heard her swallow some spit.

"Shouldn't you be on tour?" She asked with the sweetest little voice. I nodded, but forgot that we were in a blacked out room, so she couldn't see my actions.

"Yes, yeah; I should."

"Then why are you here?"

"Hartley, I am here because of you. I was actually advised not to come, but because I found out my management saw you as a charity case, I chose to come anyway. The thing is, H; I care about you. I love you like my own little sister." Lie, a fucking lie, Dominic. You love her as if she was your fucking girlfriend. You love her so fucking much, and you want to be hers, hers eternally.

"I love you too, Dominic. Always." Hearing what she said, made me fall even more in love with her. I realized I couldn't keep doing it. Pretending I didn't like her as more than a friend. I found out I loved her from the first day I met her here at the hospital. "What?!" Hartley screamed, turned on the light and sat up. She looked me dead in the eye, and kept doing that till her eyes almost watered. "Are you serious? Are you fucking serious?!

Hartley got up from her bed and stood in front of me, as I tensed up in the chair I as sitting in. "Hartley, I-"

"No! Did you mean it?"

"What? I don't know what you're talking about?!"

"Dominic, you've just said it. Don't be a fucking coward." She shook her head in disbelief, and turned away from me. It was now my turn to stand up. She heard it. I had said it out loud. That I loved her from the first day I met her.

"Fine, Hartley. I'm so fucking in love with you; I'm in so deep you that my mental health is actually affected when something like this happens! The first time I walked in here and saw you sleeping, I had to go out again because I felt so bad I couldn't be there to protect you! I wish I could've barged into your classroom and fucking punched Mr. Tanner to pieces, but I couldn't because my job requires me to be away from you! But it hurts! It hurts that you'll never see me as more than the brother you never had, it hurts you'll never love me back!" I timidly said, looking down at the ground.

Hartley still hadn't turned around. I could tell now wasn't the time, and I'd never, ever try to hit on her at a time like this. I sighed, grabbing my leather jacket. "I'm gonna go now. You need rest and I need to get back on the road; text me when you're ready to talk, Hart."

I walked past her, but then i felt a hand grabbing mine. "Dominic," Hartley said, and pulled me closer. "We're best friends. This is gonna fuck it up." I chuckled. "Trust me, I know." I said and stroked her cheek. She put her lips on mine. It released some kind of relief in my body, but still; I had a gutted feeling in my stomach. It didn't feel real.

I pulled away from her with a hurt look in my eyes. "I'm sorry, Hartley. Not this way." I said and ran out of the room.

A/N: We really do be having drama.

Also dominic just yEEted out of the room.