two

He didn't answer. I was just as speechless as him. This was our first time talking over the phone. 

"How? Why? Are you okay? Do you need me to come?" He asked, quite critical. I stuttered, still struggling to find words. "No, please Dominic. You can't come - you can't see me like this. Just.. No, please." I felt like I couldn't breathe. I was in shock. Tanner had never raped me before. I never thought calling someone for help would be necessary.

"Hartley, where are you god damn it?!" He yelled into the phone. "Dominic.. school.. help.." I muttered, trying to get a hold of my breathing. I dropped my phone on the floor and collapsed completely. I could tell he was still on the line, because perpetual amounts of "fucks" could be heard vaguely. 

I heard the classroom door open. I looked up to see Mr. Tanner standing in front of me with some water. I quickly got up and leaned against the wall, feeling trapped in a small amount of space. "What? So now I can't even bring up water?" Tanner said, and laughed consistently. I was shaking, deeply scared for my life. "You.. rape.." I muttered under my breath. Tanner looked at me with a smirk. "Oh please, Hartley. You were practically on your knees begging me to do something." I swallowed a lump in my throat, while shaking my head. He crossed his arms. 

"Jesus. So what if I raped you? It doesn't matter! Nobody cares about you! You've honestly been the easiest target ever." 

In that moment, it was like the sensible part of me stopped working. The anger took over. I grabbed my phone and put it on speaker. "Did you get that, Dominic?" I asked, not letting my sight off of Tanner. "Yup, I've got it all on Adam's phone, and I've got several witnesses to what you just said, Tanner." He replied. 

I slapped him across his cheek, and kicked him in the ball sack. "Fuck you, Tanner. Go tell the board whatever you want. I don't care anymore. But it's your word against mine, and no one saw what happened that night at the dance." I spat, grabbed my things and left the room. 

"Hartley?" I had totally forgotten about Dom still being on the line. "Yeah. I'm here." His breath was now more steady. "You and me.. We're meeting. It's non negotiable. We need to talk about this."

My heart started to race. "Are you serious?" I asked, my eyes watering and as I started to lose sight of my surroundings, it went dark.

A/N: We love ourselves a short chapter, right? 😒