twenty-eight

(gonna stop writing hartley's point of view, because the rest of the book is her point of view)

I woke up by the sound of someone popping open a bottle. Some quiet chatter was heard as well, the girls probably woke up. I swung one leg over the bedside and found my way into the kitchen, where my hypothesis was proven correct; the girls were very much awake and drinking champagne.

I looked up at the clock only to see that the clock was 08.30 - two and a half hours before my wedding. "Mmmmhhh - good morning sunshine!" Clara exclaimed, before grabbing a glass filled to the edge with champagne. I chuckled at them. "Trying to get me drunk on my wedding day, are we?" I said, making them all laugh.

We eventually ate and got ready. I was the one who took the longest, of course. So far only Clara had seen my dress, so when I put it on for the others to see, there were tears and everything. "You're so elegant and stunning, Hartley." Mali-Koa said and gave me a soft hug. "How are you feeling?" She continued, sipping her champagne lightly.

"Rather nervous, actually. Thank you for asking." I nudged her shoulder, feeling a tear form in the corner of my eye. I quickly wipe it away while everyone's looking away. The silence dawns upon us. And that's when I realize.

I'm gonna leave someone at the altar today. And that's where I start crying.

"I don't want to hurt or lose him," I cry into Ariana's shoulder. "I want us to remain friends, even after all this shit." I sniffle, but stop when I remember that I have an extreme amount of makeup on. "Hey, it's okay. Do you love Dominic?" Clara asks, to which I nod. "So much." My eyes grow wide.

I love Dominic. I love him. I love Dom. I love being with him. I love how safe and comfortable I am around him. I love Dominic. And I haven't told him yet. "I love Dominic. I just haven't told him." My hands find their way up to my cheeks." I have to tell him. I have to find Dom, right now."

I start grabbing my phone, lifting my dress and quickly turn around to start running towards the door when I hear Crystal behind me.

"Wait!" She shouts. I look back at her hopefully, but I see her pout and my smile immediately drops. "Are you sure you're making the right choice?" I nod at her. "I wouldn't have done this if I didn't love him." She chuckles and smiles. "Well let's get going then! You have to go to the church anyway so."

The drive there is surprisingly filled with fun chatter, no silence at all. Nobody's mad at me. It feels good. It takes a while to get to the church, and the closer we get, I feel more and more anxious for the outcome of this. It feels as if it's taken 10 hours before we pull up in front of the church.

Here we fucking go!