twenty-one

hartley's point of view

Luke and I get to jump down from the table and stand for ourselves for two seconds before we're flooded with hugs and several people saying congratulations in our faces. We eventually split up so I get to talk to the girls and Luke takes the boys. But that doesn't last long because I pull out my phone and put on some music which makes everyone get up and dance, so that's basically what we're doing now.

I go up to get a drink when I spot Dom standing at the bar alone. When the bartender asks what I want, I smile at him and say "Strawberry daiquiri, please."
He makes my drink and I lightly take a sip before staring into the crowd of people dancing. I let out a sigh, signaling the boredom i was feeing right this moment. "This reminds me of something that has occurred before." Dominic chuckled and turned around, so we both were standing with our elbows on the desk, facing the dancing crowd. "3 years does a lot to a person, yeah?" He said, not moving one bit. "Sure. It does."

"I always thought it was gonna be us up there one day, you know?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, I always thought we'd be engaged to each other, confessing our love in front of our friends."

"Yeah, but unfortunately it wasn't."

He smiles a bit and laughs, then sips his drink. I nod toward it. "What are you having?" I asked, just to keep conversation going. No doubt about it, this was as awkward as it could be and I had a feeling that it hadn't peaked just yet. "Pure vodka." He said and downed the almost filled glass of liquid. I couldn't exactly down my drink. A strawberry daiquiri was a smoothie like thing - I needed something stronger. I pushed my drink aside and turned around to face the bartender. "I need vodka." He knew what I meant so he brought me an even larger glass than Dominic's. As the bartender poured the vodka in the glass, Dom looked at me with huge eyes. I was handed the glass and downed it in 30 seconds. I put my glass down hard and made my way over to Dom quickly. "Dance with me." The song shifted to Mala Fama by Danna Paola, who is one of my favourite spanish actors.

"Won't your fiancé be mad?"

"We're only gonna dance.. nothing else!" I said and looked at him as if I meant it. Which I did. We weren't gonna do anything else but dance. I grabbed his hand and held it tight to drag him into the middle of the dancing crowd. The lights in the club were blue and dark with no sign of sunlight or another form of light. I put my arms around Dom in order for us to dance. "Is this okay?" I asked and looked him deep in his eyes. He smiled at me with that amazing smile of his. "Absolutely." Dom said and smirked at me. So far I was only dancing a little bit of salsa, but in the chorus it was gonna go crazy. "Have you heard this song before?" I asked, swaying a bit back and forth. He nods, lifts his hand up and shakes it to say "Half half." I sighed. "Okay so you do know we usually go bat shit crazy in the chorus right?" He nods yet again. His head moves closer to mine and he whispers "Are you ready for a dip?"

I laugh at his antics only to see him being completely serious. "Wait are you actually gonna dip me?" I asked and stopped dancing. He nodded. "Can Luke dip you?" I chuckled a bit and shook my head. "Nope, Luke is a terrible dancer." And just as I said that, the chorus started. Dominic held my hips while I danced back and forth, my hips strutting. It might've appeared weird, considering this is my engagement party and I'm dancing with my former crush. Yes, I said it. Crush. Dominic spun me around rapidly a few times and at the first no, he dipped me. It was nice to kind of let go, and forget yourself in the dance. I wish Luke could dance. Fuck, that'd be awesome. I was laughing loudly and hugging Dom. "You haven't become worse at dancing, though."

"I know. I'm awesome." Dominic said and put his hand on my back. This boy is too pleased with himself for his own good. I was tensing up. One, alcohol is addictive and is not good when you down it all at once. Two, Dom. Dominic has always been my soft spot, and when I thought I had closed it after three years of being scarred - i realized that I would always have that spot in me. I would always be madly in love with him. Maybe what I said about no sneaking around with Dom, wasn't true. Maybe I should at least one more time. "I need a smoke, wanna come?" I asked him impatiently. He nodded. "Meet you in the bathroom in 2 minutes?" Dominic asked me, and I nodded at him. "Knocking twice." I think we both know that we're not gonna smoke.

I made my way over to Luke who was drinking with Michael, Calum and Ashton. "I'm gonna go get some air. I'll be back in about 10 minutes." I said and kissed him on the lips. I could see in his eyes that he was blacked out drunk, and so were the other boys. They wouldn't suspect a thing. I looked around the room when a certain person caught my eyes. Ashley. Luckily for me, she was making out with another guy and looked pretty caught up in that.

There was nobody in the hallway to the bathroom when I walked up to the door and knocked twice. The door was shortly opened by an arm pulling me into the bathroom quickly, and locking the door again afterwards. I see Dom's green eyes for a few seconds before I feel his amazing lips on mine, yet again after three years of mending my heart, trying hard to get over him. I'm pressed between a wall and Dom and it's fucking nice to finally be able to do all of the things I've wanted to do for so long. The butterflies are raging in my belly and I find myself begging for him in my heart. He briefly pulls away from the kiss, grabbing my hips and pulling me close to him. "Are you sure you want to do this? You're getting married in a week." He asked and cupped my face with his warm hand. I nodded at him. "Yes, I'm sure." I smile at him and lean in to kiss his plump, soft lips. He returns the kiss not even a few seconds after, and I can feel him smiling. Just a small kiss, not a make out.

Dom gives me this, warm, comforting feeling when I'm in his presence. I feel safe whenever I'm with him. I feel like I can do anything whenever he's by my side, and it makes me wonder sometimes as to why I ever gave him up. Maybe I shouldn't have. Given him up, I mean. It's been so confusing having him around lately, but maybe this is my clarity. Maybe now, I'm the one having unresolved feelings for him.

Dominic starts kissing my collarbone slowly. I know it's teasing and I fucking hate it because teasing isn't fair. I let out a few small moans, but nothing too loud that would attract attention. He laughs a little at me. "If you're already moaning," He kissed the top of my cleavage, making me moan a little louder. "- you won't imagine what you'll be doing in just a few minutes."

"Fuck, Dom - you can't do this to me." I whisper whilst unbuttoning my shirt. He leans in to kiss me again, but this time it's harder and his tongue asks for access, which I of course can't help but give him. "This is so fucking wrong," I say, opening his pants while kissing him. "- in so many fucking ways." I finish my sentence while Dominic pulls up my skirt. It's funny how I've never thought about Luke until now, until I realize why I haven't.

Because I'm in love with him.

Because I'm in love with Dom.

I'm in love with the thought of us being together. Spending all our time together. I'm in love with the thought of bringing kids into the world with him. Why am I even marrying Luke? I'm 21, for fucks sake! I shouldn't even be thinking about marriage until maybe when I'm 24. Dom puts his hand on my hip yet again. Before we go any further, I put my hand around his neck and take a deep breath.

"Dominic, I'm in love with you." I say softly and smile. He looks at me with a surprised look, but that changes into a big smile. "Took you long enough." He says and kisses me.

And so it begins.

A/N: i'm in awe with this chapter. i can't say anything else. i'm literally swooning.