twenty-five

dominic's point of view

Hartley just texted me that she was on her way here, and even though I know it's only a ten minute drive, I still go down to the basement where I have my little music room/home studio. I don't have a lot of equipment here, but I have what I need and that's a piano, a guitar, a tambourine and a microphone, of course. As I step off the last step of the staircase, the lights turn on and reveal the one place I can always be myself.

I head straight to the piano, sit down, press record on my laptop and my fingers surrender to the keys. I take a deep breath before I close my eyes and start pressing them down individually and sing a song called Always.

As I play the intro, the only person that's in my head, is Hartley. This song reminds me so fucking much of her, the person I love more than anything.

"I've been playing hide and go seek
With a heart that longs to be
In the arms of another lover
I've been running from my shadow
Lock away what I wrote
As I try to find a way to you
Cause you are,"

"Always in my mind
Always in my heart
Always the one that waits for me in my dreams
You are always the one I long for
Always the one I feel by my side even though you're gone
Cause you are my always,"

"I'm the tie on my moon
You always pull me back to you
And I'll lay my arms gently over your shoulders
And when morning breaks
And your reflection fades
I will long the high with you among the fading stars
Cause you are,"

"Always in my mind
Always in my heart
Always the one that waits for me in my dreams
You are always the one I long for
Always the one I feel by my side even though you're gone
Cause you are,"

"Always in my mind
Always in my heart
Always the one that waits for me in my dreams
You are always the one I long for
Always the one I feel by my side even though you're gone
Cause you are,"

"Always the one that stays by my side
Whenever I feel I must hide
You are always the one that makes my heart race
Faster than the speed of light
You are always the one that stays by my side
Whenever I feel I must hide
You are always the one that makes my heart race
Faster than the speed of light,"

"Cause you are
Always in my mind
Always in my heart
Always the one that waits for me in my dreams
You are always the one I long for
Always the one I feel by my side even though you're gone
Cause you are my always,"

"Cause you are my always
Yes, you are my always."

As I lift my fingertips from the keys, I feel a drop of water on my neck that makes me look up into the most beautiful brown eyes in the world. She's crying. Tears running down her magnificent little face. I quickly get up and put my arms around her.

"Hartley, are you okay?" I asked her while placing two fingers under her cheek to make her look at me. She didn't answer. "Are you okay?" I asked yet again, but this time she shook her head rapidly. "It's just, that was so beautiful and i just love you so much butihaveahardtimedecidingwhatimgonnado." She spoke quite fast when she said the last bit, but I understood. Sometimes I wish I never came here in the first place. She was clearly doing fine without me, so why even try. But at least I have her 50%.

"I get that, Hartley."

She looked around the room, clearly avoiding looking me in the eyes. "Dom, it's just," She paused. "What?" I said and cupped her face. She looked me dead in the eyes, not blinking once. "I don't even think I knew what true love felt like till I met you." And then I was sold. I was gonna marry this girl some day. If not Friday, then another day. I could feel tears were forming in my eyes too, but I stopped some of it from escaping my eyelids. "I care about you so much, Hartley Violet Dawson, that it hurts. It pains me deep down in my heart whenever I see you cry or doubt yourself for a minute. I love you. So so much. Whatever's gonna happen Friday, happens. If you decide to marry Luke - I'll back the fuck off, because I know he makes you happy. And if you wanna be with me? Then I'll probably start crying out of happiness or something like that." I chuckled. Hartley pulled me into a deep and passionate kiss.

Her hands slid under my shirt, and mine under hers. Our clothes came off pretty quickly, and after that we just laid on the floor of the studio, kissing. Our mouths were a perfect fit, and Hartley broke the fit to start kissing me all the way down to the start of my boxers. "Fuck, Hartley, you can't do that to me." I moaned and almost begged her to stop. She crawled right back up to me and started kissing me again, this time with a lot of tongue. "I need you every possible way right now." She bit her lip and put her mouth to my ear.

"I need you to be gentle with me." She whispered and that was when I got up, took her with me and almost ran up all the stairs to the bedroom. I threw her into my bed, put on "Daddy Issues" by The Neighbourhood and started to kiss her from her cleavage up to her mouth. "I care." I said and kissed her cheek. "I care about you too."

God I hope the neighbors have shut their windows, cause from here, it only gets louder.