(F)Fishing Frenzy

I hear the sound of a family floating my way, the kids squealing with laughter. I look over to see a man anchoring their boat about 20 feet away from mine as to not have the currents knock our boats together. This is a fishing zone and I was worried that if they let their kids out to swim that I would be the one to hook them.

"Sorry to bother you guys, but this place isn't safe to swim at! And it would really suck if any of you got hooked!" I holler over to the family. 

The man hollers back," oh, don't worry! We came here to fish, thanks for the concern though! My name's Frank, this is Jamia and my two daughters Lily and Cherry." After a while of talking with them, I found out that they were trying this place out as Frank's hopefully new fishing spot since they had just recently moved, and he had decided to make it a family adventure.

I recommended him what bait and hooks to use in this area and we chatted for a few hours while fishing. "Frank needs a new fishing buddy if you'd be willing" Jamia says, catching mine and Frank's attention from Lily having just caught a pike.

Frank glances at me, worried that I would deny. "I mean, if Frank's fine with it" he nods and we exchange numbers, agreeing to go fishing with each other at the prime fishing hours (around 12 to 1 a.m.). I bid them farewell and start to pack up my stuff as they raise their anchor and drive off.

TIME SKIP: 8 MONTHS

Frank and I were out fishing together, the only light being a little waterproof lamp that I bring with us every night and the waxing moon that was high in the sky. We had been out here since 12 o'clock and we had started drinking at 1, so we were no where near sober by 3 a.m.. Frank was going on about how he loves Jamia like a friend and hasn't broken up with her in fear that she would cut contact with him and take the kids. He's been saying this every once in a while for a few months now, even though whenever he brings his family during the day some weekends, him and Jamia seem so in love.

I tell him the same advice that I've said multiple times before, " if you explain that to her, I am absolutely positive that she would understand and that she would never take the girls away from you. You know, if she wasn't so in love with you, I'd think she was lesbian. I mean shes sweet and very flirtatious, and she is an intense bisexual."

He haphazardly drops his head down into my lap, headbutting my tit on the way down. I groan in agony but pat his head anyways. " But wha'if she takes it personally N' doesn't want to be my friend anymore!" he whined. I pick up my pole and draw in whatever was tugging on it.

"Frank, it's not my place to tell you what to do in your relationship or how it will end, but what I can say is that your would be much happier if you split up with her and that she's very understanding and might still be friends with you. I can't say that she will but she's a kind-hearted person who cares about you." I pull the catfish off the hook, being careful about how I hold it. "Its a beauty ain't it Frankie?"

Frank glances up and smiles at the pretty fish, sitting up slightly to kiss the top of the fish before I throw it back as gently as I can. Frank sits up and grabs his pole. "Thanks y/n, I think I might talk to her about it tomorrow."

TIME SKIP: ONE WEEK

Frank and I were once again on the boat, we weren't catching anything even though we had just bought good bait. It was incredibly warm for it to be night even with it being the beginning of Summer. Frank and Jamia had talked and decided that the best thing for them to do is divorce. Thankfully Jamia hadn't abandoned him like Frank had worried about.

"It's hot as fuck, I'm gunna swim" Frank tosses off his shirt, "you joining?"

"We don't have any towels and I don't want my clothes wet." I dip my hands in the water and run it along my forehead to cool myself down a little bit.