(R)Extra Credit

"Have a good day at school y/n!" Mama yells from her car. I nod and make Markie wave at her goodbye. Markie is my emotional support stuffie that I have 'cause mama said I have a thing called Autism Spectrum Disorder.

I look around and see a bunch of kids going into a building labeled "Nockfell High" and decided to go in too, dragging my backpack with wheels to the building. Oh my god, there's so many people. I don't like this.

I see a man with blonde hair speaking loudly to a tall person with long greasy brown hair. I tap the blonde on the shoulder only to be met with a hand shoving me into a locker. "What do you want?!" He yells at me, making me start to panic about whatever i did wrong.

"I-I'm sorry! I don't know were to go!? Please don't hurt me! I want my ma-mama!" I wail. I snuggle into Markie for protection, wishing someone would help. "Oh! We have a new little cry baby this year, woop-dee-fucking-da" he shouts.

The guy he had been talking to earlier came over to me and pushed the blonde down, I guess they were arguing instead of chatting. He wraps an arm around me and starts walking some were. "Why did he use a no-no word at me?" I say shakily to the man.

"Well, Travis is just an ass- I mean, a mean person" he says stopping once we reach a room that he says is the office. An old lady sat at the desk, looking bored out of her mind. "Hello ma'am, she's new here and needs her schedule" the guy says.

"What's your name sweety?" The lady asks me. "y/n. y/n l/n" I tell her. She taps on her computer before looking up and smiling at me. "Well hello y/n, the principal told me that when i saw you to send you to her office. And Johnson, head to class or you'll be late" the lady says to the guy that walked me here right as the bell rang.

"Bye miss, and y/n if you don't have the whole school offering you a seat at lunch, just go around asking for Larry Johnson okay?" He says. I nod in reply before he leaves me on my own. "y/n? Mrs.Benson will see you now" the office lady says, pointing to a door.

I walk in and a woman in her late 30 to early 40's points to a chair, so I simply sit down waiting for her to explain why I'm in here. "Hello miss   l/n, I know you must be confused as to why you're here with me, but I'll explain as soon as Toro gets here"

We sit together in silence for about 5 minutes before a really tall man with a big afro and a big pretty smile walked in. She motions for him to sit in the seat next to me and he obliged.

"Okay, I'm just going to explain what's going on and not beat around the bush. y/n here has Autism Spectrum Disorder, which means her mind is different from mine or yours"she says pointing at 'Toro'.

"She behaves and thinks like a kid. Plus her autism makes it hard to deal with new places and many people. That's where you come in Ray. Since you are taking child care and I'm sure you'd rather take another class other than that next year but still have a child care certificate, if you take care of her throughout the next few years, I'll give you the certificate without you having to take the class.

She will be taking all the same classes with you so it wont effect your schedule. And y/n if you don't like him or don't want to hang out with him which i highly doubt you'll feel like that then you can come and tell me. In my opinion, you two seem like you'd be really good friends" she says with a smile. "So do these arrangements suit you both?" She looks at me and Ray.

I nod my head and hug Markie closer to me. He nods his head and looks over to me. "Hi darling I'm Ray. Who's that little fella?" He says sticking his hand out for a shake while looking at Markie. "His name's Markie. Wanna shake his paw?" I say, surprised he wasn't a meanie like some other kids.

"Of course! It would be mean not to" he said, gently shaking Markie's paw. He sticks his hand out for me and I hesitantly shake it. "Okay, while its good for you guys to get along, you need to head to class" Mrs.Benson said. We nod and Ray leads me out of the office.