Chapter 7 - The Remainder of Day One in the Arena

Cher's POV

Where could Christian be? If Cody was dead, then who were the other two members of our group? And where were they? A scream echoed across the empty land, somewhere behind us. We all turned, expecting the worse. It sounded like a girl screamed, but some guys sound like that. Trent was being supported by Mitchel and Reece, but it didn't look like he could walk for much further.

'I'll go check it out. You guys wait here while I check it out,' I said, turning to face the direction of the scream once more. It had sounded like someone had screamed the word no.

'You're not going by yourself; it could be a trap,' Jayden said, helping the boys help Trent sit down on the blazing sand. 'I'll come with you. Someone give me a weapon, just in case it is a trap.' Reece handed me Trent's throwing axe to Jayden. We said our goodbyes and walked towards the scream. A few minutes later, we came across a body. We ran, Jayden searching for any immediate dangers. I collapsed beside the body. It was Louis'.

Peeta's POV

Katniss and I looked up to see Harry Styles running towards us. She crouched, pulling the bow up and reaching for an arrow.

'Halt!' she said, her voice echoing around the landscape. He put his hands up, showing no weapons. He slowed to a walk.

'I need medicine, desperately, do you have any?' he asked quickly, tears escaping his eyes. Poor kid.

'Sure,' I said just as Katniss said 'Not for you.' We looked at each other,

'What do you need?' I asked him. Katniss shook her head at me.

'Snake antidote,' he replied. I raise an eyebrow.

'There are snakes out here? How do you know if it was poisonous or not?' I asked him.

'If red touches yellow, it can harm a fellow. If red touches black, it is okay for Jack.' he replied. 'It was a coral snake. Please, if you could help, I would appreciate it.' he was crying openly now, letting the tears flow down his red cheeks.

'You have to do something for us first,' Katniss said.

'Anything,' Harry vowed. Wow, this kid must be serious.

'Kill some of the members of your group and you'll get your precious medicine,' she replied coolly. 'Bring us the bodies of Jayden and Cher.'

Rose's POV

I woke up to the blazing sun setting overhead. It looked like a great ball of fire. My head hurt.. A lot. I heard someone grunt behind me as they began to wake up. Who the hell was it? Some tall guy with his hair pulled into a ponytail. They looked at me, their eyes turning to hatred. I reached for my sickle and he reached for his dagger. We jumped up, facing each other with a weapon in hand.

'You're going down,' he said, his eyes burning.

'In your dreams,' I replied, jumping on him. He stabbed me in the thigh with his dagger, taking it out again. As he went to take it out, I dragged my sickle across his throat, taking him by surprise. Blood poured from his neck as he collapsed to the ground unmoving. I dropped the sickle. That was hard. He was so strong! But I caught him by surprise. He had hesitated. I'd heard that lesson from somewhere. Don't hesitate. I'll remember after a good sleep. I lied down, trying to sleep, just as the cannons began, signaling someone's death. One, two, three. I counted. It stopped after eight. Wonder who they were for. I fell to sleep after the cannons stopped.

Selena's POV

Eight dead. 16 remaining. I knew Cody, Sheldon, Katy, Lady Gaga and Penny were dead. Who else had died? Night was falling and Justin had found us a cave. We cuddled together, the temperature plummeting. It had taken a while to get him inside, with his bad leg, but we had managed. He fell asleep instantly. I waited a few minutes before pulling his arms off of me. I sneaked towards are stuff and grabbed one of his knives. I made my way back towards him. I stepped on something, making a noise which echoed around the cave walls. His eyes opened and trained on me with a knife. He sat up, ignoring the pain in his leg.

'What are you doing?' he hissed, staring at my hand with the knife.

'Sorry,' I replied, jumping on him. He may be injured, but he was strong. He rolled so he was on top of me. He was trying to get the knife out of my grasp. I rolled over, taking him by surprise. Pain and shock were clear on his face.

'What's wrong Justin? You hurting, baby?' I asked with a sugar sweet voice. He was even more shocked at my words. He didn't seem to register what was about to happen. With my spare hand, I pulled his arm off of mine. I then stabbed him in the heart, twisting the knife. He went pale instantly.

'Selena, how could you?' he asked, pain filling his voice. I laughed bitterly. His eyes stayed open after he died, blood pouring everywhere as a cannon went off. Nine dead. 15 remaining. And only 14 more to be killed.

Edward's POV

The pros tricked me. Bella was dead. Gone from this world. And I couldn't stand it anymore. I was running up a hill. I went to the edge. It was night time, coyotes could be near. I didn't care though. They could feast on my remains. It was the edge of a cliff that I found. Perfect. The physical pain would rid me of the emotional one. I could never live without her. I jumped, enjoying the rush of wind that accompanied my fall. I cheered, meeting me end.

Christian's POV

It was cold. So cold. How the temperature dropped that much in a matter of hours, I didn't know. Someone will come for me. Someone will. I heard a creature howl in the distance. The moon was full, letting me see the landscape perfectly well. I started to shiver beyond control. Mitchel won't leave me here. Cher won't forget about me. I drifted off into sleep. still waiting for my saviour to come and rescue me.

Hermione's POV

I was slowly freezing to death. I know it doesn't sound smart to start a fire at night, but I couldn't freeze to death. That would be horrible! I lit the fire using the matches I had obtained half buried in the sand and using bits of cactus I had sawed off with a knife. It burned brightly. I put my hands near the fire, letting them get warm again. I heard a noise behind me. Startled, I looked up, staring into the eyes of a coyote.

Mitchel's POV

I heard screams echo into the night. They sounded feminine, but so did Christian's. Was it him slowly dying. Another cannon sounded as they were finessed off. Panem's seal entered on the sky as trumpets blared. They were showing us who had died.

Bella and Edward from Team One. Taylor Swift from Team Two. Justin Bieber from Team Three. Sheldon Cooper and Penny from Team Four. Hermione Granger from Team Six. I was in Team Five with Christian. He was alive. Christian was alive! I would cheer, but I didn't want anyone locating our position. Noise traveled quickly in the night. Katy Perry and Lady Gaga from Team Eight. Cody Simpson from Team Ten. Damn it! The pros were from Team Nine. They were also alive. I hope Christian is far away from them. And lastly, Dimitri Belikov from Team Eleven. That was all. Harry and Louis were still alive. But where were they, Cher and Jayden? I hope they were alright. I went to sleep, trying to ignore Trent moaning in pain and Reece's snoring. It was going to be a long night.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Author's Note: A lot has happened since they arrived in the arena, wouldn't you agree? Is your favourite still alive? And if Emily_Louise1D is reading this, please do not kill me tomorrow! This is dedicated to you for, hopefully, being nice enough to let me live. Love you all and remember to fan, vote and comment with your favourite in case your original favourite died.