Chapter 10 - Third Fifth of Day Two in the Arena

Mitchel's POV

I heard a scream. Louis sat up, taking a deep breath. Pain was clear on his face. It was hard to watch him. Who's scream was it? I got up and left Christian to look after Louis. I ran forwards, seeing the female pro and Harry. What was Harry doing away from Louis?

'Are they dead?' she asked him, oblivious to the fact that I was there.

'Not yet; let them die in pain,' he responded, stabbing Jayden and Cher once more in the stomach.

'Kill them,' she said flatly, almost looking bored. I gasped and she whipped around to see me. I saw Jayden pull himself out of the oasis, blood pouring off of him as he tried to keep it in by putting his hands across the wound.

'Hey you,' I shouted at her. 'Bet you can't catch me!' and then I ran down a hill, going in the opposite direction that Louis and Christian were in. I heard her follow in pursuit.

'Harry, you have to kill them and you'll get what you want,' she said, coming closer and closer. If only I was a fast runner. I sighed and pushed on, hoping Harry will save them. Why did he do that? What did she have that he wanted? Why was he listening to her? The questions pouned in my head like a bunch of angry wasps, stinging my mind whilst seeking for answers. I could hear her; she wasn't far behind. I veered left quickly, going towards the Cornucopia, hoping to lose her. I didn't. Why did I have to be so noble?

Louis' POV

Where did Mitchel go? I heard voices up the slope, not that far away. They were coming from the oasis.

'I'm sorry,' a deep voice muttered, laced heavily in a British accent. Harry!

'Why?' Jayden replied weakly. I began to stand, coming over to help them until Christian stopped me in my tracks.

'What?' I asked him, losing bits of the conversation involving Harry. He didn't answer, shoving me to the ground. I groaned in pain. It was still too hard to breath properly. He leaned forward, shoving a dagger into my side. I grunted in pain and started to black out from the huge amount of it. I needed to get to Harry. But I couldn't. My eyes were too heavy to stay open and I gave in, letting myself lose itself to the darkness.

Peeta's POV

I needed to stop Katniss; she couldn't hurt Harry, he was just a child. I know we were, but he hadn't grown up like this. We expected this sort of thing, he didn't. He had believed in a lie: the lie that he was safe. Then I saw a kid with black hair running for me, no weapon in hand. Mitchel, with Katniss following him. They still hadn't seen me yet, so I ducked behind the Cornucopia. I saw him go past and let him go. My business wasn't with him. Katniss came and I tackled her, a mace in hand. She screamed, she hadn't expected me. A swung it quickly towards her head, hoping she didn'trealise it was me. She looked at me with her cruel eyes, seeing the mace come down on her head. She fell instantly. Dead.

Selena's POV

A cannon sounded in the distance.

'Who do you think it was?' I asked Draco, grabbing his hand.

'No idea, but if I had to guess, Christian. I left him injured pretty well,' he responded.

'How did you injure him?' I asked.

'Spear,' he replied, slipping his arm around my waist. 'In the stomach,' he added. He put his lips to mine and pecked them softly.

'When should we attack the big group?' I asked.

'Tonight.'

Mitchel's POV

I doubled back, hearing a grunt from behind me. It was masculine though. A cannon sounded and I ran back towards the Cornucopia. Peeta with a mace and Katniss' body at his feet.

'I couldn't let her kill innocent children,' he muttered. 'But I killed her. I'm just as bad as her.' Before I could thank him, he walked off. I sat in the shade of the Cornucopia. Another cannon went off. I jumped to my feet. Only eight of us remain. And 5 of them were my allies. Oh shit!

Cher's POV

I had woke up once more to the sound of another cannon. Two more dead. One of them better not be Jayden.

'Jayden?' I asked, my voice a croak.

'You alive?' he asked.

'I'm alive if I can talk. Otherwise I'd be scared if I were you,' I replied. He laughed and started to cough. Harry was looking over us, watching our every move.

'Be a man; kill us,' I said.

'No!' Jayden grunted as Harry said, 'What?'

'Kill us; do as your girlfriend says,' I hissed.

'She's not my girlfriend.'

'Then why would you listen to her? Why abandon Louis when he needed you?'

'I didn't abandon him and I need something from her!'

'What, her virginity? 'Cause she probably lost that to Peeta.' He darted forward, stabbing me in the stomach again.

'Leave her alone!' Jayden said, limping forward through the pain.

'I thought you were my friend Harry,' I muttered. He went to stab me again, but Jayden jumped in the way. Harry stabbed him through the heart.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Author's Note: Thanks to everyone for reading this! Please fan, comment and vote. 400 reads and I'll update the next chapter. And @LibbySierra_xoxo please do not kill me! Dedicated to @woogie_bear for being an awesome friend!