Chapter 1

Ashley White was your typical girl next door. She just had that look that prompted you to be comfortable with her, maybe it was hereditary, she didn't know, but what she did know was that she was happy with the way she was. Her family was the type that people envied. they were not the richest as a matter of fact but they were happy and content with each other. At least that was how she felt about it. For as long as Ashely could remember, it was only her, her older brother, Teddy, mum and dad.

Sitting at the back of the car with her was Teddy. They were both tired as they'd been on the road for several hours getting annoyed by the continuous sights of trees, grass and cows that bored them half to death.

"Mum are we there yet?" Ashley groaned, her bright blonde hair was getting frizzy from constantly being rubbed against the car chair that was getting really uncomfortable.

"Very soon dear, we're not too far now."

This was a cue for Ashley's dad to turn back from the wheel for a brief moment to give her and Teddy a reassuring smile which, based on their current situation of boredom didn't assure them that they were getting there soon. On this note, Ashley and Teddy slept with hope that when they'd wake up, they'd arrive at their destination

*********

Remora Hills, according to all the websites and brochures Ashley had read from was a relatively wonderful place with friendly locals and a calming atmosphere. It was a quiet island-urbanish area. This was probably was attracted the White family to Remora. The new neighbourhood that they'd be staying in was (not surprisingly) quiet as well.

"The perfect place for a small family." Ashley's dad, Benson thought. He did love his peace and quiet just as he liked his children to have fun.

Ashley and Teddy were very happy and much relieved once they got out of the stuffy car. They could finally stretch their legs and take in all of Remora's wonderful scenery. The several palm trees, the white and mahogany brown houses and the very fresh smelling air which had a hint of salt as they were not too far from the beach. They liked it all.

The White's were truly tired especially Benson White. He was behind the wheel all day. He was relieved that he got a moving company to help move the family's personal belongings to Remora a week earlier. At least he wasn't stuck moving boxes now. What was in his mind currently was just sleep sleep and even more sleep. Boy was he exhausted. He beckoned his wife, Linda to join him to their bed space upstairs. She looked like she needed a good rest too. He carried her on his back upstairs earning them looks of fake exaggerated disgust from their children.

"Ew you guys don't get to do that in front of us remember?" Teddy said while Ashley laughed as their parents went upstairs giggling like mischievous young teens.

Once Ashley and Teddy got to the house, the exhaustion had just left them. They were feeling all energised so they stayed in the living room. Teddy had already gotten the WIFI password, plopped down on the sofa and began to use it.

Teddy began to smile at his phone screen almost immediately. Ashley had already concluded that he was talking to Tiffany. She was the only person Ashley could think of that could make him smile wholeheartedly. How Cute. Well Ashely could have used this time to check up on the friends she left back at her old place too but she wasn't feeling up to it yet.

"There's a sort of party going on tonight at the beach. They've got a costume code though. The festival is Hawaiian-themed." Teddy said out of the blues.

"How did you already know this?"

"The internet idiot. You would have known if you actually used your phone and weren't looking at me all creep like." He said jokingly