Chapter 9

Gwen was outside with some people Ashley hadn't seen before once school was over. Zel from afar was watching again, but he looked angry this time. He looked like he wanted to go forward and do something, but he didn't. Rather, he left the area. His face still angry.

"Strange." Ashley stated. She was leaning on the side of the car, Teddy was inside thinking she would come in since but she didn't. From Teddy's observation she was looking for something.

"Ash, are you done? We need to get home soon." Teddy called out from the window side.

"Yeah, sorry if I was taking too much time." Ashley said as she got into the passenger's seat in front.

"Why are you in your sports uniform? Did you have after school practice or something?"

"No that doesn't start till later. I just didn't feel like changing out of it after gym today."

"Oh okay."

"I'm in the cheerleading team Ted."

"Oh wow," He said, they began to drive out of the school compound. Once they got on the road Teddy continued. "I'm happy for you kid but doesn't it take a while before cheerleader try-outs start?"

"Exactly what I thought."

"I'm still proud anyway but still watch your back in case of anything. High schoolers can be weird."

"Hey we're not all weird." Ashley protested, Teddy gave her a grin. "When did you start being protective anyway. I thought you were all about recklessness."

"Careful recklessness Ashley. Like back in high school, I could be involved in something big and potentially dangerous but I'd never be directly affected or caught."

"So you were a mob boss in school."

"No silly." Teddy laughed. "I'm just trying to tell you that you can get the most out of life without being harmed. So always plan and be several steps ahead. Then you can be as reckless as you want and plan away all possibilities of being harmed away."

"That's very...tactical."

"Yeah."

"All this while I thought I was the responsible one."

"You thought wrong." He teased, "Whatever, live life the way you want. Just be careful. Highschool is full of weirdos to be honest. College is the same too."

"I'll try."

"Good."

Ashley and Teddy got home to meet their mum in the kitchen. She was making a bunch of sandwiches to keep in the fridge for later.

"How was school dear?"

"Pretty good mum thanks." Ashley said and snatched one of the freshly made sandwiches. "This is really nice." Ashley added with a mouth full of sandwich

"Thank you baby." Linda replied and continued with what she was doing before.

"Well I'm going to head out. I'll be back soon."

"Where are you going to Ted?" Ashley asked

"I'll tell you when I get back." He replied before stepping out.

"Don't stay out too long." Linda called out to Teddy.

"Well I probably have a ton of homework, so I'll be in my room." Ashley told Linda before she went upstairs and left her to do whatever she wanted.

Ashley wasn't really sure of what happened, or if she had a ton of homework. She had forgotten most of her day after all. As she rummaged through her backpack, she saw a cheerleading uniform.