Chapter 6

Peyton kept a still face as each person came forward to copy her moves. Most of them just did exactly as her but few added extra moves. They were really impressive too but Peyton's face was still, making sure not to show any expression. It looked like she was marking of all of them in her head. Though it was now declared cheerleader try-outs she didn't even ask for their names. Ashley wondered why and didn't notice that it was her turn and Peyton was staring at her with a blank expression.

"Um, it's your turn go." A boy next to Ashley whispered loudly.

"Oh." She said blankly. "Sorry." She said sheepishly as she got forward in front of Peyton still sporting her ever blank expression.

"You can start now." She said with a little ghost of a smile (At least now Ashley was convinced that she had blood and wasn't a dead person sitting).

Well you can say Ashley wowed the line of people watching. She did Peyton's routine alright, but in a better way. She didn't think that she was doing anything special though, her body just did what it wanted. Aside all that, Peyton still remained unsurprisingly blank and waited for the next person as Ashley went back to the line concluding in her head that Peyton was definitely dead or zoned out.

**********

Once Ashley got changed back to her normal clothes and got out, she could see posters plastered up on the walls for club and extra-curricular registration. She couldn't find Lenny though, she didn't show up for the gymnastics section. Maybe she wasn't interested.

"Hey wait up." A voice behind her said.

Ashley turned back to see Lenny. Speak of the devil. "Oh hey!" Ashley said. "Wanna go for this club thing with me? Yunno I'm still um... new and all."

Lenny looked at her silently with a slightly amused face for a bit which caused Ashley to get all nervous again. "Um...you don't have to if you don't want to." She said while scratching the back of her head.

"No, I want to. I just wanted to make you feel uncomfortable."

"Why though?" Ashley asked in a relieved tone as they began walking forward.

"No reason." She said in a cheery tune. Ashley just assumed that she was looking for trouble then.

"What are you going to sign up for?" Ashley asked.

"Take a wild guess."

"Hmm." Ashley said in a funny sounding "Professor like" tone and she didn't forget to add the weird beard stroking. "You my dear look like an AV club member or maybe a MaTh LeThe?" She added using her weird-man-with-a-foreign-accent accent.

Lenny gave her a little laugh. "You're so silly." She said casually which eased Ashley's nerves a bit.

"So am I correct?" Ashley asked cheekily.

"Noo." Lenny said "You're waaayy off."

"I guessed so." Ashley said with a smile. "You're going to pick football right?"

"Exactly football and community service."

"Aw you like those kind of stuff?" Ashley asked.

"Yeah, why not. I like helping people and animals."

"Good for you then. I hope they go well."

"Me too. Alright we're here." Lenny said. They had arrived in a big hall with many stands for registration. Each table had two people sitting down on them. All the tables looked preoccupied though, except Peyton's table which just finished up with someone.

Lenny didn't look or talk to Peyton rather she immediately went to the girl beside her leaving Ashley with Peyton.

"Hi there!" She said in a friendly tune. "You must be Ashley right." She asked cheerily.