Chapter 13

That same night at the White's residence, Linda and Benson were watching the telly, deeply engrossed in the latest news update.

"Hello everyone, I am Bryce Anderson, host of the matters arising discussion section for this week and with me is my co host..."

"Pamela Kim." The woman beside Bryce said.

"What are you guys watching?" Ashley asked as she sat down in the living room.

"News."

"Sounds fun." Ashley said.

"Shh." They both replied.

"On the highest point of our list is a supposed accident that happened yesterday while most of the town was asleep." Anderson said

"A man was found at around 11 pm deeply unconscious. According to the eyewitness report from the person who found him, the man was the only person on the road with no car in sight aside from a totalled white Toyota corolla." Pamela continued

"We will now take you to a short video taken by the eyewitness." Bryce said.

The television screen switched to a mediocre looking video.

"So I was just walking," The man said with a shaky voice. "I was taking a night stroll to calm my head when I saw this car in the middle of the road all shattered and battered up." He continued in his western accent.

The man took the camera to the car whose windshield was broken and bonnet was bent in at both sides. There was also a large bump on the roof of the car.

"That car kind of looks like ours." Ashley commented quietly. It did look like their car. The same shape size and everything. The plate number was blurred out when the camera got to the back of the car whose back glass was also broken.

"So I thought the best thing to do would be to file in to the news and get help to take the passenger to the hospital. But again when I checked the driver's seat..." He said proceeding to the driver's seat. "He wasn't there. " He added, showing us the empty driver's seat and passengers seats also.

"I called some authorities to help move the car who came over shortly." The man said and panned the camera to some men who were setting up equipment to carry the car. "Then they helped in looking for the driver. After a short while of searching, we found him..." The eyewitness' voice trailed off

"But according to these here authorities, I'm not allowed to show the driver. He's being taken in a stretcher now to the hospital as I speak. I hope he get's better and you find this information useful." He ended and so did the video.

"The man added as a side note and I quote his words; when I saw the man, his breathing was still shallow. He looked tired out, his body bent in an awkward position on the nearby forest grass. Also one of his feet were badly swollen. I could see it from his ankle so we had to take off his shoes so that it wouldn't tighten his leg the more while waiting for the ambulance to come over." Anderson said.

"As we speak, the man is at the Remora Memorial Hospital being treated. He is under special care and we hope that his condition gets better." Pamela added.

"To me Pamela, this is all very strange." Bryce said

"How so?" She asked.

"Well," He started, but didn't continue because there was a sudden power outage, switching off the TV and leaving the whole house pitch black.

"Well that's odd." Linda said

"What happened to the lights!" Teddy shouted from upstairs.

"They went off idiot!" Ashley shouted back