Chapter 3

Teddy left Ashley so she could socialize at the beginning of Rem-fest. He felt that he had done the right thing by forcing her to do so as she needed to meet new people and spice up her life a bit. After Ashley woke up from sleep, he started getting worried about his sister thinking what she was saying might not have been a dream. He remembered the tears Ashley shed when she was on a video call with one of her closest friends, Nellie the night before they left to Remora. As he left her for the limbo competition, he hoped that she'd have fun.

Teddy was competitive as he was flexible so the limbo competition was the perfect setting for him. As the bar went lower and lower more people began to fail leaving him and another person as the two contending people for the Rem-fests annual competition prize. His competitor was a slim-figured female who didn't have a problem with bending to the lowest possible level. Teddy couldn't do that. He knew his limits so he got second place to her. It wasn't so bad, Teddy could loose to her again because she had some serious skills.

They were both crowned with white flower crowns. The female's flowers being much bigger and fuller than his and they were given lei flower necklaces. They both stood on a high area on the ground to take a picture.

"Alrighty! Smile for the camera!" The overjoyed camera man said.

Teddy and the lady stood together and smiled brightly for the camera. Afterwards they were both given prizes, a free ticket to the most expensive restaurant in the province (Remora under the stars) along with two thousand and one thousand resses to be given to her and Teddy respectively which was to be redeemed by them later. (reeses being Remorian currency).

After the pictures and prizes the female looked quite relieved and turned to face Teddy.

"You were so good out there! Do you work out or do stretches? Because you're like really flexible." She said in a bubbly tone.

"Me?" Teddy replied obviously confused.

"Yeah, of course."

"I should be telling you that, you're the one that won first place."

The female giggled in return. Teddy and her began to walk together round the beach.

"No I swear you're some sort of gymnast or something either that or a witch of some sort." He said light heartedly

"Oh I'm pained!" She replied in mock humour.

"I'm not a witch sadly, I'm just a mere gymnast." She said.

"That's saddening. I was hoping you'd be a witch or better still a fairy so I'd get all the wishes I need."

"I highly doubt that. I don't think I'd want to be granting just anyone wishes." She smiled.

"I think you would for me."

"Oh? Why's that?"

"Because I think we'll be good friends." He stated

"That's sweet," She said. "My name's Leilani."

"I'm Teddy." Teddy replied

"That's cute, you really look like one though. You've got that good natured plushie look." She stated while proceeding to ruff up his dirty blonde hair. Teddy gave her an embarrassed smile. Teddy slyly took a closer look at her as she ruffed his hair up. Her purple coils framed her chocolate coloured face quite nicely.

"Well I'm tired but I like the energy here so I'm willing to be selfless to us both and dance the night away. Care to join me?" She asked while tying her hair up in a bun. Teddy got a little distracted watching her tie up her hair but still answered her.