Chapter 4

"Rise and shine snowflake!" Linda White said after she got into Ashley's room. She began opening the windows which released a bright ray of sunlight directly unto Ashley's eyes.

"Nooo." Ashley groaned as she covered up her head with the duvet to chase away the intruding sunlight "Not yet."

"Yes darling right now, common stand up for me."

Ashley groaned again for a long time and began to stand up; that took a while too because it was a pattern of her groaning and staggering before she actually stood up with a terrible case of bed hair. Linda giggled to her self

"You see it wasn't so bad." Linda said

"Why're you laughing?" Ashley groaned.

"Because you look like a stressed out grand mum."

"Oh very funny." Ashley said dryly. "I want to go back to sleep." Ashley complained.

"We don't always get what we want now do we?" she said, "Common, go get ready for breakfast."

"We have food?" Ashley asked.

"Cereal dear."

"Ew, cereal's nasty."

"Bare with us for now okay?"

"Yeah no problem. Is Teddy ready?" Ashley asked still sleepy eyed.

"He's probably still sleeping."

"But he's meant to drop me off today."

"Yeah but he's Teddy , he'll be ready by 7:30 trust him. But you missy, you'll waste time and that's why I woke you up an hour earlier. Now gooo, go and shower." Linda said pushing her to the bathroom. Ashley groaned again and washed her face to clear up sleep. As she brushed her teeth, she wondered why her mother called snowflake, that was new. A new day, a new nickname she guessed.

As Ashley freshened up, Teddy was still seemingly asleep until Benson barged in which made Teddy think that he was about to be attacked by a crazed lunatic. He woke up with a fright only to see the worst sight. His dad in a pair of blue boxers and a white singlet.

"Dad you don't wake up people like that!" Teddy groaned, "and please put on some clothes, my eyes can't bear to see this in the morning."

"Better get used to it Ted."

"We need to stop being so free in this family." Teddy complained.

"That's why we're a family, freedom. Now after you drop off Ashley, we're going shopping for the house. Go get ready."

"But I'm ready." Teddy said with a yawn afterwards.

"No, you're in yesterday's clothes." Benson said point blank.

The White's all except Teddy were at the dinning table some minutes later. Breakfast was cereal as Linda said. When Ashley and Teddy went out for Rem-fest, their parents decided to get something for breakfast. They were tired so cereal was the best choice.

"Tell me we're not going to be eating cereal everyday." Ashley groaned.

"No we won't, we're stocking up the house today don't worry." Linda White said.

"It's almost 7:30 where's Teddy?" Ashley asked.

"He'll be down soon." Benson White replied before sticking his nose into today's newspaper.

"Who still reads the newspaper?" Ashley thought

"When do you start work dad?" Ashley asked

"Tomorrow." He said and flipped over to a new page.

"Alright I'm ready." Teddy announced as he came down the stairs "Ash, let's go."